Hi Everone. Bought a Blackberry Keyone off a suggested nice guy online. He advised he purchased a couch off Kijji in June and found in October a Keyone in the couch seat. No use to him and a hater of BB( fool ) he sold it to me for what seemed like a great deal. But, I bring it home, pop a sim in, and get the typical looking for unlock code. I tinker with device, and end up entering wrong passcode in 10 x and it wipes it. I think perfect, new device. Except I go to find out before I can even investigate unlocking it to work with my SIM, that the google menu pops up after connecting to WIFI asking for email associated with account and password. So now I'm stuck with what seems to be a paper weight, super disappointed as I was so excited to use my new Keyone. So question is to the pros, is there no way to bypass this silly Google recovery passcode or to get the phone back to like out of package? I figured one could overwrap software worst case. Secondly, short of finding someone with a SIM from every provider how do I know how to unlock it and to who? I dropped into one guy this weekend at the mall who does unlocking, and he said oh yes no problem, leave it with him for 15 mins. After 15mins I came back to kiosk and he said, device is too new, you can't bypass and no drivers yet? I don't understand this lingo so I thanked him for his time, and moved on. I wrote blackberry mobility last week, they send a standard form asking for carrier, IMEI number and contact info, and I have never heard from them in a week. So can anyone help me? I would so appreciate some help!!!!
    Thanks Andy
    12-03-17 10:57 PM
    It's not silly - it's anti-theft protection.

You need to get the seller's Google credentials to continue.
    12-03-17 11:02 PM
    Sorry I respect anti-theft protection. Absolutely. I just meant a nuisance when you have good intent is all. I forgot to mention, when I went back to the seller who found it the couch, he claimed he tried to email the seller of the couch repeated times asking about phone. Only reply he got from the seller of the couch was not aware of any lost phone. So there is what I believe honestly to be no theft, but merely a lost phone that could be of use, but it seems software is preventing it from begin more than a paper weight because of this "anti-theft" software addition by google.
    12-03-17 11:19 PM
    Sorry I respect anti-theft protection. Absolutely. I just meant a nuisance when you have good intent is all. I forgot to mention, when I went back to the seller who found it the couch, he claimed he tried to email the seller of the couch repeated times asking about phone. Only reply he got from the seller of the couch was not aware of any lost phone. So there is what I believe honestly to be no theft, but merely a lost phone that could be of use, but it seems software is preventing it from begin more than a paper weight because of this "anti-theft" software addition by google.
    It's a legislative requirement to have anti-theft. All platforms have it now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-17 11:26 PM
    just request your money back.
    12-04-17 09:17 PM
    Shove it back down into the cushions of your couch and wait for the owner to contact you looking for the phone..
    12-04-17 09:27 PM
    Wow I was hoping someone could help me. Unfortunately, no sign of past owner, so not sure putting back in the couch would be helpful. I didn't buy the couch. How come You Tube has ways to bypass Google password recovery for PRIV, DEK60 and other android, just not Keyone? I guess I was hoping some wiz knew how to for Keyone as most seem to have found a way with others.
    12-04-17 09:31 PM
    Try to use an autoloader, best case scenario, it works, worst case scenario, you get a brick. Not like you can use it now anyway.

You can always try to sell it for parts.
    12-04-17 09:33 PM
    When something looks too good for be true.. it usually is bro. You got played.. or you're playing games.

Deal with it.
    12-04-17 10:38 PM
    I guess I got played. I'm not playing any games, was just looking for help. Pretty tough crowd here.
    12-04-17 11:13 PM
    There isn’t a way to bypass on the KeyOne because it runs on Nougat and Google patched the workarounds.
    12-05-17 01:00 AM