Hey guys, odd request here. I got a new phone and was setting it up over Christmas. As I was deleting info from the blackberry passport....I added a password that I cannot for the life of me remember. I tried all of the words I'd normally use and now I'm on my 10th try. Here st he unique thing, I have access to blackberry protect and I've tried to reset the device password that way but to no avail. Any suggestions? I have my first 5 months of marriage on there, I really need those photos . Am I out of luck?
    02-13-17 02:19 AM
    Hey guys, odd request here. I got a new phone and was setting it up over Christmas. As I was deleting info from the blackberry passport....I added a password that I cannot for the life of me remember. I tried all of the words I'd normally use and now I'm on my 10th try. Here st he unique thing, I have access to blackberry protect and I've tried to reset the device password that way but to no avail. Any suggestions? I have my first 5 months of marriage on there, I really need those photos . Am I out of luck?
    At this point, you can't attempt another "guess" for a password, as if it is wrong you will have no choice but to allow the device to wipe itself.
    You will loose all the data on that device.
    There is no trick or hack to get around the password protection.

If you still know your BBID or the device has an OS that is earlier than 10.3.2.###, you can get back into the device after it has wiped, but it will be in an out of the box state, no data, messages, or third party apps.
    If you do not know your BBID and the device has an OS newer than 10.3.2.###, then you will not be able to get back into the device at all.
    kdubz92 likes this.
    02-13-17 07:16 AM
    From BlackBerry Protect... does it show your phone is connected? Can you do other things like make a noise or put a message on the screen? (maybe reboot the phone a few times)

I'd keep trying to reset the password from there..... as there is no other way around the device password.
    02-13-17 07:21 AM
    (I posted the original question) Hey so I have full access to bb protect. But everytime i go to reset password, it says that I have written one that is too short...I was confused and I literally put down 32 characters(just to see) which is way too long for something I wouldve put and it still says its too short..so I dont know what to do at this point. Also it says that after 8 consecutive unsuccessful attempts to change password, BB will not allow protect to reset password? This is so stupid tbh. Is there ANY way to get those photos off of my device? Like if I take apart the device? I just need my photos lol
    02-13-17 09:00 AM
    (I posted the original question) Hey so I have full access to bb protect. But everytime i go to reset password, it says that I have written one that is too short...I was confused and I literally put down 32 characters(just to see) which is way too long for something I wouldve put and it still says its too short..so I dont know what to do at this point. Also it says that after 8 consecutive unsuccessful attempts to change password, BB will not allow protect to reset password? This is so stupid tbh. Is there ANY way to get those photos off of my device? Like if I take apart the device? I just need my photos lol
    Sorry but no... even if you could access the onboard storage, it's encrypted.

Unless you used a cloud storage option to sync your pictures... I used OneDrive with BB10, they are pretty much gone.

Wasn't aware that BB Protect would not allow you to change the password after so many failed attempts.... sorry.

Only taught would be to call BlackBerry, they may have an option if you can prove proof of Purchase and that you do have your BBID Account info...
    02-13-17 10:17 AM
    Only taught would be to call BlackBerry, they may have an option if you can prove proof of Purchase and that you do have your BBID Account info...
    Yep, that is his/her ONLY chance--you need POP. Sorry: moral of the story is get and use an SD card OR make sure you back up to the cloud OR both.
    02-13-17 11:09 AM
    Yep, that is his/her ONLY chance--you need POP. Sorry: moral of the story is get and use an SD card OR make sure you back up to the cloud OR both.
    Both would be my suggestion...

Should always plan for the worst... you lose your phone, and that means your SD Card is gone too.

One think I love about Android.... if you can bear to trust Google, then you won't ever worry about losing images, contacts or documents.
    02-13-17 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the response. I'm currently working with BB Support but I keep getting the runaround lol...which is totally valid, but IF I can show POP, the fact that my device has stayed with the same BBID that is currently accessible by me...why would they not just Snowden my device lol
    02-13-17 12:41 PM
    Thanks for the response. I'm currently working with BB Support but I keep getting the runaround lol...which is totally valid, but IF I can show POP, the fact that my device has stayed with the same BBID that is currently accessible by me...why would they not just Snowden my device lol
    They should be able to do that for you but it make take patience. Good luck!
    In case you have not seen this page: How to delete the BlackBerry ID account associated to an email address
    02-13-17 12:52 PM