Bla1ze,

Do you know why BlackBerry chose not to support hotspot for WiFi? Sometimes I just can't connect my laptop to a WiFi, but can with my phone. It would be nice to share the WiFi like my daughter's Galaxy 7 edge.
    Any insight would be interesting? And do you know if the BlackBerry Mobile plans on supporting this with their devices?

Thanks,
    Coyote55
    05-10-17 04:35 PM
    It's not a matter of not supporting it. The core functions are there to support it, but based on your info given, it's hard to say what the issue might be. You've offered no details as to what device you're using or what OS it's on. As for BlackBerry Mobile devices, again, it's a core function of Android which is included. It's not a matter of 'choosing not to support'... everything is there for it to work. It's a standard feature on every smartphone these days. Also keep in mind, sometimes, the functions are limited by your carrier/plan. Make sure your plan is compatible with the functions. Your daughters plan might include it, whereas your plan, especially if older might not.
    05-10-17 04:51 PM
    Bla1ze,

Do you know why BlackBerry chose not to support hotspot for WiFi? Sometimes I just can't connect my laptop to a WiFi, but can with my phone. It would be nice to share the WiFi like my daughter's Galaxy 7 edge.
    Any insight would be interesting? And do you know if the BlackBerry Mobile plans on supporting this with their devices?

Thanks,
    Coyote55
    Works on my priv on Verizon
    05-10-17 04:56 PM
    It was a core feature with BB10 also.... if you had a carrier plan that supported it. Only advantage Android really had is with rooting you could get around the carrier limitations or charging extra for it - as it was common to charge extra for a while. But today... at least in the US, its part of most newer plans that I'm aware of.

Hardware wise.... BlackBerry has been supporting it for a long time.
    05-11-17 08:05 AM
    OP, what device you are using?
    05-11-17 03:01 PM
    Sorry Bla1ze, I'm on a Priv and on Rogers.

So you say it is probably my plan?
    05-15-17 12:43 AM