I'm an IT guy (and former RIM employee but worked with BES, not the handhelds) who is trying to help a user with their Z30/10.3.3.2049 issue.
    To recap the issue, the user's Z30 will not correctly open Settings, Facebook, BBM, and some other apps. It also does not have WiFi access or mobile data connection. SMS is working along with the phone. BlackBerry Link will not connect to the device although it does detect the Z30.
    I'm unfamiliar with the update process specific to this issue but I have read the forums about it. From what I understand, I must use autoloader to update the OS which I'm ready to do. I need to know if there is a way to make a backup of the device. The user has never performed a backup before and would lose the Password Keeper database plus any photos taken. (No, the user didn't use an SD card.)
    I did download Sachesi but I don't think it's working because of the Z30 connectivity problems.
    Are there any ideas on how to pluck off data from this device?
    If backup is not possible, is a non-destructive update possible with autoloader?
    Last edited by Chris Lutka; 10-26-17 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Removed pronouns. Explained further.
    10-26-17 10:08 AM
    Brain fart. I am able to get the files using the SD card. I'm still looking at a way to get the password keeper database though.
    10-26-17 11:01 AM
    Having you tried exporting the Password Keeper data using the Export Passwords function from the Settings menu?

You should also be able to see the Z30 Internal Memory and SD card files using the Windows File Explorer when connected via USB even if Link no longer works.
    10-26-17 11:32 AM
    Password Keeper is one of the affected apps. Running it on the device shows a black screen and then it finally times out and minimizes the app. I'd call that an app crash. Therefore I cannot export the database.

I am unable to view any Z30 files, internal or SD, using Windows Explorer. All communications with the device, apart from the device manager, do not appear to work.

The only way I was able to get files off the device was to transfer them to an SD card. I'm guessing that the Password Keeper files are in a protected area of the system that the File Manager cannot access.
    10-26-17 02:34 PM
    Password Keeper is one of the affected apps. Running it on the device shows a black screen and then it finally times out and minimizes the app. I'd call that an app crash. Therefore I cannot export the database.

I am unable to view any Z30 files, internal or SD, using Windows Explorer. All communications with the device, apart from the device manager, do not appear to work.

The only way I was able to get files off the device was to transfer them to an SD card. I'm guessing that the Password Keeper files are in a protected area of the system that the File Manager cannot access.
    Might be possible that https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...-tools-956835/ could backup the data, when LINK can not. Is a way to use that program or https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...taller-825409/ to do a none destructive update of the devices. Just not sure if that will fix whatever is causing the issues.... could also use them to uninstall stuff they don't need as that might increase your odds of success.
    10-26-17 02:50 PM
    To update the thread, I bit the bullet and used autoloader. The phone is working but the user now does not have any passwords. The user will have to reset passwords for all websites. It's a pain but now knows that backups are a must. I've also set the Password Keeper to sync to BlackBerry's cloud.
    10-26-17 03:43 PM
    To update the thread, I bit the bullet and used autoloader. The phone is working but the user now does not have any passwords. The user will have to reset passwords for all websites. It's a pain but now knows that backups are a must. I've also set the Password Keeper to sync to BlackBerry's cloud.
    Make sure and tell them to export their Passwords from time to time.... as their next devices probable won't be a BB10 devices and the cloud won't do them any good. Really a shame they didn't carry this over to Android.

Also using Ultimate Backup would be a good idea.... and saving the backup file to another device or the cloud.
    10-26-17 04:19 PM