Hi, I've just bought a Passport second hand. When I switch it on it takes me through the setup process and then tells me that the blackberry anti theft feature is on and that I'll need the original ID and password to proceed. Being stuck at this stage I can't even do a hard reset. Any ideas? Currently waiting for seller to respond but I'm guessing he wouldn't want to give his ID/password details.
    09-03-20 11:57 AM
    Hi, I've just bought a Passport second hand. When I switch it on it takes me through the setup process and then tells me that the blackberry anti theft feature is on and that I'll need the original ID and password to proceed. Being stuck at this stage I can't even do a hard reset. Any ideas? Currently waiting for seller to respond but I'm guessing he wouldn't want to give his ID/password details.
    You will have to get that info or return it. The seller needs to turn Protect off.
    09-03-20 12:47 PM
    I'm guessing he wouldn't want to give you a refund either.... giving you that info won't mean much if he's done with BlackBerry. But he could always change his password after you have reset everything.

If you bought through some "service" like eBay... I'd report it. If you used a Credit Card, I'd report it as well.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-03-20 01:18 PM
    if you can't get the password from the seller, then look into Chimera Tool. it will cost a few dollars but it can defeat BB Protect with ease.
    09-03-20 06:22 PM
    There are some videos on Youtube about bypassing anti theft, too. Might be worth exploring. Chimera Tool has been known to work but it's gotten quite expensive.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-20 06:13 AM
    Does Chimera Tool help if phone is blacklisted?
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-04-20 08:30 AM
    Does Chimera Tool help if phone is blacklisted?
    Nope.
    09-04-20 08:33 AM
    Thank-you for your replies. Looks like Chimera can do this but want 119 euros. I'll wait for the ebay seller to get back to me otherwise I'll have to return it.
    09-04-20 09:36 AM
    Thank-you for your replies. Looks like Chimera can do this but want 119 euros. I'll wait for the ebay seller to get back to me otherwise I'll have to return it.
    It's not 119 euros. You buy credits.

You can remove BB Protect from a Passport for 95 credits and cam purchase 150 credits for 15 euros.
    09-04-20 10:45 AM
    It's not 119 euros. You buy credits.

You can remove BB Protect from a Passport for 95 credits and cam purchase 150 credits for 15 euros.
    But you need a license too, no? There used to be a cheap 3 day license but I don't think it's offered any more.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-20 11:56 AM
    But you need a license too, no? There used to be a cheap 3 day license but I don't think it's offered any more.

Posted via CB10
    No you don't need to buy a license. All you need is credits if you want to do a single operation. The license is if you run a repair shop or something.

I removed BB Protect from a Passport not long ago and it was fast and easy.
    mh1983 likes this.
    09-04-20 12:39 PM
    Hi, once again thanks for you replies. It turns out that the anti theft feature is easy to cancel.
    When the phone asks for the ID and password, type in a valid ID but then enter anything - just some random letters as the password. After 10 attempts the phone puts up a dialog box about max attempts reached, at this point press and hold the power button and confirm you want to turn the phone off. Re-start the phone and the anti-theft feature has gone!
    Shockingly simply and says something about blackberry's security.
    My phone now works!
    09-04-20 03:46 PM
    Hi, once again thanks for you replies. It turns out that the anti theft feature is easy to cancel.
    When the phone asks for the ID and password, type in a valid ID but then enter anything - just some random letters as the password. After 10 attempts the phone puts up a dialog box about max attempts reached, at this point press and hold the power button and confirm you want to turn the phone off. Re-start the phone and the anti-theft feature has gone!
    Shockingly simply and says something about blackberry's security.
    My phone now works!
    Seriously?

That's rather shocking that this was the solution all along.
    09-04-20 04:59 PM
    Seriously?

That's rather shocking that this was the solution all along.
    Yes...that's what's covered in the YT videos I alluded to earlier.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-20 06:02 PM
    I just found this on youtube
    09-06-20 05:10 PM