I recently got the passport, which I LOVE, however if I can't get this fixed I may have to go back to my galaxy. The phone randomly calls numbers, from what I have seen it is usually someone who I have texted in the past few days. I can see the phone app popping up and even try to close it but I cannot stop it from calling the number until it has started ringing. This is a problem when it calls my boss at midnight! Any ideas?
    05-05-15 10:31 AM
    Having the same problem and there seem to be no fix. Called my service provider about it a couple times. It's always calling some overseas number so you know how that goes with the bill.

My Canadian Passport
    05-05-15 10:35 AM
    Never heard of such an issue. Did you install some apps that control your notifications or something? Are you pocket dialing?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-05-15 11:37 AM
    This can't possibly happen if your device is locked in your pockets.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 05-05-15 at 12:57 PM.
    05-05-15 11:44 AM
    Maybe you could use that galaxy to video it when if happens? And than please upload the video here?

I have never experienced or even heard from an issue like that: a phone randomly calling numbers all by it self. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying it isn't true. I guess I just have to see it to believe it. I'm a little skeptical by nature...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:57 AM
    This can't possibly happen of your device is locked in your pockets.

Posted via CB10
    This is probably it. Make sure you device is password protected and lock it before you put it in your pocket. Should not happen again.
    05-05-15 12:26 PM
    I'm the OP. This isn't pocket dialing. This happens when I am using the phone for something else, like texting or using the browser. The only thing I can think of is that there may be a shortcut key I am hitting without realizing it? Any ideas?
    05-05-15 12:47 PM
    Any speed dial contacts?
    05-06-15 10:50 AM
    No speed dial contacts. I have very few apps downloaded, nothing sideloaded. Yesterday it was a number I didn't even recognize. Can't figure out any pattern, it usually is someone I've texted but not always.
    05-06-15 12:50 PM
    No speed dial contacts. I have very few apps downloaded, nothing sideloaded. Yesterday it was a number I didn't even recognize. Can't figure out any pattern, it usually is someone I've texted but not always.
    I had the same problem on Xperia Z1 and had to return it twice. I think it's a dodgy screen. I recommend doing an OS reload via Sachesi to see if it's a software problem but I think you'll end up replacing the handset. I think it's a hardware problem.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-06-15 03:46 PM
    Mine did it. It also would put the current call on hold and call another number. These were in contacts or previous call list. Att replaced it. The it still does it some.
    It also got in email while in my pocket and typed scribble.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:37 PM
    Today while cutting grass, had phone in my pocket. It made 13 calls, wrote 2 texts that didn't send, replied to an email, deleted all of my favorites, opened music and videos, and had 5 apps opened.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:54 PM
    Today while cutting grass, had phone in my pocket. It made 13 calls, wrote 2 texts that didn't send, replied to an email, deleted all of my favorites, opened music and videos, and had 5 apps opened.

Posted via CB10
    you must have a huge yard...
    ankitchahal and anon(4067838) like this.
    05-10-15 01:16 AM
    Here is the solution to your problem - just arrived in BlackBerry World. An app called PocketSafe. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:46 PM
    Here is the solution to your problem - just arrived in BlackBerry World. An app called PocketSafe. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    How does it work or how do you know it's working? I can't even find any settings, just a screen with large print???
    07-30-15 04:07 PM
    How does it work or how do you know it's working? I can't even find any settings, just a screen with large print???
    It's a background app. Put your finger over the proximity sensor and you'll get a popup. It works.

Soapm likes this.
    07-31-15 07:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    And, it is FREE until tonight. The code is in the CrackBerry News section posted yesterday morning by D J Reyes.

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    07-31-15 10:03 AM
    It's a background app. Put your finger over the proximity sensor and you'll get a popup. It works.

Works kind of too good, I get the popup randomly like setting my phone flat on a surface.

Do I adjust it right or left for that?
    07-31-15 11:40 PM
    Works kind of too good, I get the popup randomly like setting my phone flat on a surface.

Do I adjust it right or left for that?
    It doesn't matter, the popup disappears when you want to do something. It doesn't interfere with anything. It's a nifty concept actually that feels like it's baked into the os and not a third party bit of code.

08-01-15 03:13 AM
    Agreed. It resolved my pocket dialing and pocket opening of apps and camera. Not one occurrence since I started using it and I was in on the beta too.

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    guygardner73 likes this.
    08-01-15 03:32 AM
    It doesn't matter, the popup disappears when you want to do something. It doesn't interfere with anything. It's a nifty concept actually that feels like it's baked into the os and not a third party bit of code.

As a minister, I often lay my phone on the pulpit and read from it so the popup is in the way. Adjusting the slider doesn't seem to matter or it could be just me???
    08-01-15 02:48 PM
    To prevent getting the pop up every time every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:49 PM
    You can test this by turning on battery saver and then close the app. Put your hand over the sensor. It is usually at the top of your screen. On the passport it is just to the left of the BlackBerry logo. You will not get the pop up because the app will now only function if the screen is turned off and then comes back on. So now turn the screen off by pressing the Power button on top. Then put your hand over the sensor and turn the screen back on. The pop up will appear and will not go away until you remove your hand from in front of the sensor. Your phone is locked just as it would be in your pocket. Just remember that the screen must be off when you put the phone in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:03 PM
    I'm the OP. This isn't pocket dialing. This happens when I am using the phone for something else, like texting or using the browser. The only thing I can think of is that there may be a shortcut key I am hitting without realizing it? Any ideas?
    You are Face dialing. PocketSafe will solve that problem also. I had the face dialing problem all the time on my Passport. When you are on a call the phone window opens and if you press the phone against your face it can activate any of the buttons on that screen. With PocketSafe when your face gets close to the phone it will lock the screen an d prevent that problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:18 PM
    Jennydoc, I think I misread your comment. The battery saving mode should take care of that.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:21 PM
28 12