Not a blackberry question, but for folks like me who miss my blackberry, hopefully, y'all can lend a helping hand. I recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy A52, I was able to download and keep the BB hub, but I'm running into some issues when I try to send emails with 1 or 2 or more photos. Apparently the resolution is so high on the pics the images are too large to send via the hub. Is there an alternative that you know of? Is there another email client that is like the hub, that holds all messages (text, email, phone etc)?

Thanks In Advance
    07-13-21 01:09 PM
    Been a long time since I used hub.... but does it not ask what quality you want to send the images as, even with multiples?

Nothing really like the HUB... as that's not really how most folks want things today. Email is for email, notification for different apps is part of the notification panel.

Lots of more up to date and current email solutions out there. Aqua, Outlook, Nine, Spark, Samsung Email or Gmail.

Just give it time... with move from BBOS to BB10, I bet it was several months before you were comfortable with BB10.
    07-13-21 01:35 PM
    Been a long time since I used hub.... but does it not ask what quality you want to send the images as, even with multiples?

Nothing really like the HUB... as that's not really how most folks want things today. Email is for email, notification for different apps is part of the notification panel.

Lots of more up to date and current email solutions out there. Aqua, Outlook, Nine, Spark, Samsung Email or Gmail.

Just give it time... with move from BBOS to BB10, I bet it was several months before you were comfortable with BB10.
    Even when it gave me an option to send original or smaller image, the receiving recipient received no images. I've tried the outlook mobile, but the recipient also received nothing. The Samsung email, eh. Spark, I haven't looked into. I like all messages under the same umbrella as better structure. Uugh. I don't think I'll ever get used to this "new" way. In time i'll have to figure it out. Sigh!
    07-13-21 01:52 PM
    Even when it gave me an option to send original or smaller image, the receiving recipient received no images. I've tried the outlook mobile, but the recipient also received nothing. The Samsung email, eh. Spark, I haven't looked into. I like all messages under the same umbrella as better structure. Uugh. I don't think I'll ever get used to this "new" way. In time i'll have to figure it out. Sigh!
    The best advice I could give you, is to NOT try and make android look or act like BB10. You will eventually get used to the "new" way to do things. That doesn't mean you will necessarily love android (I sure don't) but it is the reality that we have little choice anymore. If you want to be able to do anything with apps you need to accept android for what it is (a jumbled, disjointed patchwork of services and apps, imo) and just move on. The Hub is not all that great on android (as you are finding out) and is slowly being deprecated so you may as well find something else. All this is my opinion only and I'm bound to have disagreement.

FWIW - I use FairEmail Pro and stock message apps on my android devices.
    07-13-21 02:09 PM
    Sigh. I'm certainly learning that.

Now my next issue it trying to transfer all my passwords from the BB password protect to Samsung-like password App. Man, why couldn't BB get it stuff together so I would not have all these issue. Lol I know I know. Sigh.
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-13-21 02:14 PM
    Sigh. I'm certainly learning that.

Now my next issue it trying to transfer all my passwords from the BB password protect to Samsung-like password App. Man, why couldn't BB get it stuff together so I would not have all these issue. Lol I know I know. Sigh.
    Export your passwords from BlackBerry, and then import them into a proper cross-platform solution like Bitwarden, 1Password, or LastPass.
    AYEBronze likes this.
    07-13-21 02:36 PM
    Export your passwords from BlackBerry, and then import them into a proper cross-platform solution like Bitwarden, 1Password, or LastPass.
    Ok, thanks for that tip. #muchappreciated
    07-13-21 02:39 PM

Its the size of the file, not HUB that is the problem. Most e mail systems have an upper limit to what can be sent at once.
    07-14-21 05:07 PM
    Its the size of the file, not HUB that is the problem. Most e mail systems have an upper limit to what can be sent at once.
    Yes, but most email clients I've used will ask about the quality of photos your adding to an email... so as to reduce their file size. From memory I thought HUB+ did as well.
    07-15-21 07:35 AM
    Yes, but most email clients I've used will ask about the quality of photos your adding to an email... so as to reduce their file size. From memory I thought HUB+ did as well.
    It does, but if he picks original and HUB does send it the incoming server may just strip it.
    07-15-21 01:19 PM