Does anyone know or can provide guidance on if and how can I recover files transfer from my BB motion to SD card? For some reason after I transfers all the documents (20,000 pics, over 40 published arricles, 10 articles I'm in the process of working on to be published, and hundreds of music files) this all was deleted and now gone.

Nothing was backed up as I don't use cloud and everything was transfered from phone to sd and now gone.

Need help! Guidance. Anyone?
    03-19-19 06:31 PM
    You should have COPIED your data to the SD card so the originals would still exist on your phone in case something went wrong with the transfer.

Not sure there's anything you can do now, but maybe one of the smarter folks on here has an idea.
    03-19-19 06:48 PM
    I know, that's quite the obvious. Sigh.

I had to travel the next day and wanted to get this done. This was at 1am in the morning. So, definitely my error but now hoping for a solution of any.
    03-19-19 06:57 PM
    I hope someone has a solution, too.

FWIW, I don't back up my phone... never have. If something were to happen, it would be a major PITA, but I'll just deal. That said, I am planning to use the cloud (Outlook.com) to sync Contacts and Calendar. Just have to get off my dead a$$, figure it out, and make it happen.

Good luck.
    03-19-19 07:34 PM
    Hopefully this give you motivation to do so. I would hate for anyone else to feel the way i'm feeling. I'll get over it, but my goodness, uuggghhh. I could cry. Lol
    Ben xfg likes this.
    03-19-19 07:37 PM
    How was it all deleted? Have you tried reading your SD card by inserting it into a PC?

Does anyone know or can provide guidance on if and how can I recover files transfer from my BB motion to SD card? For some reason after I transfers all the documents (20,000 pics, over 40 published arricles, 10 articles I'm in the process of working on to be published, and hundreds of music files) this all was deleted and now gone.

Nothing was backed up as I don't use cloud and everything was transfered from phone to sd and now gone.

Need help! Guidance. Anyone?

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-20-19 01:23 AM
    Yes. When I inserted it to my PC, it also said it needed to be reformatted, so I did which deleted everything. It was a process of going back and forth from phone to PC not realizing every time it was formatted it erased all data.
    03-20-19 05:02 AM
    Yes. When I inserted it to my PC, it also said it needed to be reformatted, so I did which deleted everything. It was a process of going back and forth from phone to PC not realizing every time it was formatted it erased all data.
    Wow. Really? You didn't know that reformatting wipes existing data? You must've been very, very tired/rushed.
    03-20-19 03:31 PM
    You just nailed it. Tired and rushed to get it done before I left for my travels. I was up till 1:30am doing this and had to leave at 5am to catch a flight. Sigh. I know don't rub in in. ;(
    03-20-19 03:47 PM
    Not trying to rub it in at all. We've all been there.
    AYEBronze likes this.
    03-20-19 03:53 PM
    Wow - add me to that question! You really didn't know what reformatting does?? Since the days of truly floppy disks, to reformat any medium implies you bring it back to "ready to use for the first time" status. The whole reason it *asks* if you want to reformat is to give you a chance to say "woops, no" before you do something you'll regret. :-(

Wow. Really? You didn't know that reformatting wipes existing data? You must've been very, very tired/rushed.

03-20-19 10:36 PM
    I'm so so truly sorry :-(

You just nailed it. Tired and rushed to get it done before I left for my travels. I was up till 1:30am doing this and had to leave at 5am to catch a flight. Sigh. I know don't rub in in. ;(

03-20-19 10:38 PM
    What's a floppy disk? (Side eye)

Hahah. See comment listed below.
    03-21-19 05:00 AM
    Thanks me too I also found out the 400GB SD card is corrupted and defected and from what best buy told me could hv been the reason every time I try to input to my computer it reformatted and when I put it in my phone it reformatted again. It was a process of going back as forth between the two device. SD card in the trash.

Thanks everyone for your feed back. No resolution this time but lesson learned.
    03-21-19 05:07 AM
    There are SD Card Recovery Tools, I've used them to recover images from SD Card that my PC would not recognize. A "quick" format doesn't really erase data... so if the card did transfer your files it's possible that a recovery program could find them..

But if you don't like the cloud and you go full bore security and encrypted the card.... then the data is history. I learn that the hard way too..
    03-21-19 01:26 PM
    Thanks for that. I didn't encrypt the card as I too have learned the hard way and the data cannot be opened on another divide if you forget to decrypt it.

I'm interested to know the tools you reference to recover the data?
    03-21-19 01:37 PM
    It's been a while... I generally used Major Geeks .com to find things, so that's were I would have started.
    03-21-19 03:50 PM
    I was actually waiting for that. :-D

What's a floppy disk? (Side eye)

Hahah. See comment listed below.

AYEBronze likes this.
    03-21-19 10:54 PM
    Hey, AYEBronze, someone in a chat group I belong to just posted this article today, about recovering deleted files on an Android device. I thought of you right away. I know it's too late to recover your recent losses, but I hope there is something there which will help prevent anything similar happening again.

https://telegra.ph/How-to-Recover-De...oid-2019-01-16

03-21-19 11:04 PM
    Hey, AYEBronze, someone in a chat group I belong to just posted this article today, about recovering deleted files on an Android device. I thought of you right away. I know it's too late to recover your recent losses, but I hope there is something there which will help prevent anything similar happening again.

Oh wowza. I appreciate you for thinking of me. Yes this is super helpful. I can't do back, I can only move forward #dumpsterdownloaded #teamcrackberryROCKS

ThankYOU
    03-21-19 11:22 PM

Heyyyy

I don't know what's happening here. But I downloaded dumpster app from the article, it asked me if I wanted to do a deep scan recovery, I selected yes and walla. I hv pictures and music. What kinda of sorcery s$#%&& is this? Either way, I'm grateful.

Thanks again.
    03-21-19 11:38 PM
    Wow - that is fantastic!!!! So your files must still have been (somewhere) on your device, even after you thought you moved them off to the SD card.

And now *I'm* crying! :-D

Heyyyy

I don't know what's happening here. But I downloaded dumpster app from the article, it asked me if I wanted to do a deep scan recovery, I selected yes and walla. I hv pictures and music. What kinda of sorcery s$#%&& is this? Either way, I'm grateful.

Thanks again.
    03-22-19 12:38 AM