Hi there,

My Blackberry 9900 that I use for work is no longer working. First of all, the phone wiped itself as although I changed the password to something and remembered it, it would not recognise the new password. I was advised to let the phone wipe itself and set it back up.

After the wipe, I tried to turn the phone on but after holding down the power button for 30 seconds, the phone would turn on and merely say "Device is shutting down. Press any key to abort", the phone turned off without giving you a chance to press a key. I tried charging the phone and performing different types of resets, I then managed to get a solid green light but the phone would still not turn on.

I have managed to get the device 'on' by holding down the alt, right-hand shift key and delete key all at once. However, the phone now seems to be locked or disabled, the phone has an orange background and it asks you to enter your password. Sadly, the keyboard and touch screen don't work. The only way the phone is staying on is because it is being charged.

Has anyone else come across this issue before? Do you have any advice? I desperately need this phone to work

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Abbie
    08-22-14 09:58 AM
    Hi Abbie, not sure if you have managed to solve your issue?

What if you reloaded the OS?
    08-29-14 05:30 PM