Hey there everyone,

This is my first time doing one of these forum post things...so I apologize for any misinformation or anything that causes confusion.

I'm basically trying to get a friend of mine's contacts/text messages off of her BB Z10 phone which suddenly malfunctioned and "died" on Friday evening. She honestly could care less about the phone, she just really needs a way to back up the contacts and the text messages from the phone since her old device was a bb bold and she did not know how to sync it with anything like gmail or the like.

The phone basically just has a red led light that comes on when you try to "start up the phone". The phone is basically a black screen with no change when the battery is out and pluged into a charger, when the battery is in without the charger, when the battey in with and without the charger and when it is plugged into her laptop. The bb z10 is not recognized on the bloody black berry link software, nor is it even detected no the laptop itself.

Is there any way to be able t get this information out without doing a hard reset and wiping it out? Also, is there a way to see if the info is on her sim card due to the fact that, the sim card for the bbz10 is so small that it is completely void in other mobile devices. I have already tried a soft reset and all the other little minor tricks and trades to try to get it to function. I am so heartbroken for her. I could really use some help.

Is there a way bb might be able to access her sim card and see if her contacts are in there?

I would really appreciate some help, thank you so much.

I just find it mortifying and pathetically sad that Blackberry knows about the issue and has known about the issue and not taken their phones off the marketplace, also I just find it sad that this phone that she got is not even two weeks old, and it's already doing this type of b.s. t-mobile is pathetic. Anyway, ranting aside, I really hope that someone out there will be able to help me out with her phone. Thanks so much!
    08-25-14 08:14 AM
    Hey there.

A few quick checks. If possible try these things:
    -swap out the charging wire for a few others if possible. Eliminate a faulty wire.
    -if you have a z10 also, perhaps they swapping batteries. Eliminate the dead battery issue
    -i had a dead PlayBook and had to stack charge it to revive it. Might take you 20 min or so but worth a shot. Here's the thread for help :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=840196

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:38 AM
    I'd personally give stack charging a go....did she have the phone off charge for a long time so that it fully discharged?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:40 AM
    What exactly is stack charging?

I'd personally give stack charging a go....did she have the phone off charge for a long time so that it fully discharged?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:12 PM
    I've used it to revive dead playbooks si think it might be worth a try. Here's the detailed link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-741383/

Essentially plug phone into a proper wall charger for 60 seconds. Unplug. Plug back in for 60 seconds. Don't try to power it up until the indicator light changes or lightning bolt appears on the display.

No guarantees but I've done this on several playbooks. Each took about 20 min to revive. Remember, not Powering it on too soon is the key.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:30 PM