My Priv won't power on and three techs confirmed it probably can't be fixed. My backups are useless (e.g., contact names were saved but many phone numbers and e-mail addresses are missing from my e-mail and/or Google drive accounts. I even lost a couple of recent photos. I'm willing to buy a BlackBerry just to access the hub, but do I need to go to that expense or is there a way to transfer old BB info to a new non-BlackBerry Android device without accessing the Priv? What data is on the SIM card? I need to decide on a new phone quickly. Thanks and apologies for my ignorance in advance.
    01-23-18 11:35 AM
    If you can't power on that old device, and nothing was backed up into Google, buying a new BlackBerry isn't going to help. The end result is going to be the same no matter which device you buy.. you have no data to transfer w/o being able to power on the old one. And there's nothing on your SIM card unless you specifically saved it there.
    01-23-18 06:51 PM
    Just backup the BB data on computer or Google drive, Dropbox, and sync the data to your new phone directly.
    01-24-18 03:47 AM