Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have been using my used Motion for about 6 weeks with no problems. It is apparently a pre-production model and won't update, but I didn't think it would be a problem.
    Suddenly today I got a notification from Dtek that my security was poor. This is what I found:
    Attached Thumbnails Help! Dtek app says Motion unsecured!!-15550.jpg  
    10-29-18 12:08 PM
    Another screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Help! Dtek app says Motion unsecured!!-15549.jpg  
    10-29-18 12:11 PM
    What can I do?
    10-29-18 12:12 PM
    DTEK just does that sometimes, if you're on the latest OS and the latest version of the app then I guess you could try a factory reset. If neither of them are the latest then consider an autoloader/update from the Play Store (respectively).
    10-29-18 12:15 PM
    DTEK just does that sometimes, if you're on the latest OS and the latest version of the app then I guess you could try a factory reset. If neither of them are the latest then consider an autoloader/update from the Play Store (respectively).
    I think the Dtek app is updated to the latest. Security is on January 😔.
    I've never used an autoloader, but I'll try.
    Thanks
    10-29-18 12:59 PM
    Not sure how to do that. when I click on the link it says it's too large to do on my browser.
    10-29-18 01:03 PM
    Not sure how to do that. when I click on the link it says it's too large to do on my browser.
    Which browser are you using to download from Mega?
    10-29-18 01:41 PM
    Which browser are you using to download from Mega?
    Firefox
    10-29-18 01:52 PM
    Firefox
    That's probably the issue, as far as I know it's just Chrome (and maybe Edge) that work with Mega without getting into extensions or extra software.

Anyway, there's this FOSS command line tool, or download managers like JDownloader, or Mega's first party stuff.
    10-29-18 02:26 PM
    That's probably the issue, as far as I know it's just Chrome (and maybe Edge) that work with Mega without getting into extensions or extra software.

Anyway, there's this FOSS command line tool, or download managers like JDownloader, or Mega's first party stuff.
    OK. I was able to download it with Chrome. Went to local storage, not SD card.
    But now I don't know what to do with it. LOL.
    10-29-18 03:41 PM
    10-29-18 03:43 PM
    OK. I was able to download it with Chrome. Went to local storage, not SD card.
    But now I don't know what to do with it. LOL.
    Put the zip on a computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux), extract it, disable your device password (because TCL didn't figure out how to flash with that enabled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), put your Motion in fastboot mode (with the phone turned off, press and hold Volume Down + Power until you get the logo with some green text in the corner), plug it into that computer, and run the update.bat/sh file in the zip (depending on what type of computer you're using). The update script doesn't wipe your user data but you can back up your data to the cloud/SD card/elsewhere outside the device storage if you want.
    10-29-18 04:03 PM
    Put the zip on a computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux), extract it, disable your device password (because TCL didn't figure out how to flash with that enabled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), put your Motion in fastboot mode (with the phone turned off, press and hold Volume Down + Power until you get the logo with some green text in the corner), plug it into that computer, and run the update.bat/sh file in the zip (depending on what type of computer you're using). The update script doesn't wipe your user data but you can back up your data to the cloud/SD card/elsewhere outside the device storage if you want.
    WOW!! Would you like to come to my house to help me?
    So I shouldn't have put it on my phone? I wonder if I can delete it.
    I will have to wait till Sunday when I have time to figure this out!!
    10-29-18 04:26 PM
    WOW!! Would you like to come to my house to help me?
    So I shouldn't have put it on my phone? I wonder if I can delete it.
    I will have to wait till Sunday when I have time to figure this out!!
    You can use a phone to download it but you'll need a computer to install it; I guess you can copy it over to whatever computer you'll use.
    10-29-18 04:57 PM
    thanks. I'll come back here when I get a chance to do it.
    10-29-18 05:55 PM