Help. I am using a Priv and I really wish for a Passport Black. I use Whatsapp a lot and want to know if you guys think Cobalt Playstore will help continue Whatsapp use or not. If yes, how long? And also how long will BlackBerry Support the OS with updates? I am OK not having any other apps, but Whatsapp is must. I want to buy if I can use the phone until 2020 with Whatsapp.

I so love the unique design of the phone. Do share your views and I will make a decision reading your suggestions. Thanks.
    02-24-17 10:08 AM
    It's hard to say how much longer Whatsapp will work, it might be okay indefinitely but then again it may not.

Also, Blackberry is ending support for 10 this year I believe.
    02-24-17 10:14 AM
    It's hard to say how much longer Whatsapp will work, it might be okay indefinitely but then again it may not.

Also, Blackberry is ending support for 10 this year I believe.
    Oh. Tried to find if there are some reports from BlackBerry about ending Support for BB10. Could not find it and hence posted the question. Didn't realize BlackBerry had given up on BB10 Support for existing users.
    02-24-17 10:16 AM
    No one can say for sure. Whatsapp is planning a major upgrade to their system. The new update was suppose to rollout in January, but has been pushed to June. Support will depend on if the new Android app will require a version above 4.3. Right now no one knows.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-24-17 10:18 AM
    No one can say for sure. Whatsapp is planning a major upgrade to their system. The new update was suppose to rollout in January, but has been pushed to June. Support will depend on if the new Android app will require a version above 4.3. Right now no one knows.
    Thanks. I feel Sad
    Whatsapp just pushed a major Privacy update to use video or pictures as status for 24 hours. I agree with you that the passport won't work with Whatsapp.
    02-24-17 10:20 AM
    I would have my doubts whether the Passport will be capable of running the majority of android apps in 2020. It's already becoming increasingly difficult with newer apps. I feel like you should likely be investing in one of the future blackberry android devices as that will ensure your WhatsApp support.
    02-24-17 10:23 AM
    I would have my doubts whether the Passport will be capable of running the majority of android apps in 2020. It's already becoming increasingly difficult with newer apps. I feel like you should likely be investing in one of the future blackberry android devices as that will ensure your WhatsApp support.
    I think so too. And can only hope there will be a device as the passport in the future. I have been looking at this phone for more than a year now. Phewww RIP Passport.
    02-24-17 10:28 AM
    I think so too. And can only hope there will be a device as the passport in the future. I have been looking at this phone for more than a year now. Phewww RIP Passport.
    I'm still rocking a Passport SE as one of my devices and love it. Honestly it's one of the best phones I've used as a whole for the hub, texting, e-mail, call clarity. I love it. I do have and carry a second phone with me the majority of the time to fill some of the app gaps but I don't foresee me getting rid of the Passport at least as a secondary device.
    02-24-17 10:30 AM
    BB10 uses a version of Android from almost four years ago.... already many developers have moved beyond supporting it. In a couple of years I doubt you find a "new" android app that would run on BB10, and there is no way of knowing how long even an older app would work.

The issue isn't when BlackBerry stops supporting BB10... it's that it happened two years ago.
    02-24-17 10:36 AM