Hey guys.

My bbm hasn't worked for weeks now. I can't send or receive messages and I can't reinstall it either. I have this problem on my BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 04:20 PM
    Hey, I assume you did try to reboot the phone several times, might be an OS glitch or some instruction lost in the way. Sadly the only think I can think of is backup your data, not the apps, and use an autoloader. It's what I would do or have done with similar problems with my z10. It's not pretty but it might be faster than performing a factory reset. Last time I tried that the security wipe took days and froze. Ended using an autoloader.

Good luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-20-16 04:59 PM
    Thanks for your respons. What's is an autoloader? I didn't get what to do really..

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 02:25 AM
    Thanks for your respons. What's is an autoloader? I didn't get what to do really..

Posted via CB10
    An autoloader allows you to install your OS files.

It is completed by downloading an executable form of your desired OS on to your PC, connecting your device to the PC and then installing the OS on to your device.
    It is a relatively quick and simple way of updating your system and is well documented here on Crackberry with helpful guides.
    You don't need to be a software engineer to complete it but it does require "some"technical knowledge.

Security wipes and resets initiated directly through device settings on your phone can be problematic and Obi-j is absolutely correct in suggesting the autoloader process to avoid any potential delays and grief, but if you aren't entirely familiar with it you may want to try a reload using BlackBerry Link instead.

Install BB LINK on your PC. Connect phone to PC via USB. Open LINK and when device is recognized backup any preferred data. Remove any SD card. Choose Preferences and Reload your OS. This will wipe device and reload your current OS and hopefully resolve your BBM issue.

As also suggested by Obi-j, try a hard reboot of your device first as that may be all that's required to correct your BBM access.....Hold power button down for about 30 seconds until red LED flashes and BlackBerry boot logo reappears.

To summarize....If a hard reboot fails, try using BBLINK to reload OS, if that too fails then an autoloader is ultimately what you may need to make use of.

Sine stercore tauri
    Obi-J likes this.
    04-21-16 03:02 AM