I haven't had this issue in a few years, but all of sudden, my phone died so I reloaded the device software. Great, it worked! Restored a backup on my SD card from an app that I used before my phone died. Good, it restored all of my music, all of my media, but half of my SMS and contacts -_-. I reinstalled all of my apps along with the Google play store and Google play apps. Great, it worked! But now I'm getting to the problem, as I go to add my 2 GMAIL accounts, (I open settings, I went to account==> add account==>advanced==>Gmail) then I fill in my information (and I checked, all of the inputted information is correct), then I hit next, it redirects me to a google sign on page, I verify the email and enter my password CORRECTLY (I verified), then I press sign in. I press allow on all of the services that needs access, then I get the loading message "Accounts: Saving and verifying your settings". Then after about 3 minutes, I get another message "Accounts: The server imap.gmail.com for your account (Imap Email : Gmail - [my email] is not responding. Please check your settings and try again. I press okay, and then nothing happens! I'm at my workplace and using their Wi-Fi for now, could that be part of the problem? Please help me out here!!!
    03-18-19 12:24 PM
    There is a thread somewhere here on CB dealing with Gmail sign-in problems and it has to do with 2 factor authorization I believe. Search here and you will find that thread.

or maybe it's the server address- check here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...b-z10-1164383/
    03-18-19 12:43 PM
    There is a thread somewhere here on CB dealing with Gmail sign-in problems and it has to do with 2 factor authorization I believe. Search here and you will find that thread.

or maybe it's the server address- check here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...b-z10-1164383/
    Thanks so much. I fixed it on my own. Turns out I should've just kept it more simple. I was over thinking it.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-19 05:18 PM