Hello, trying to switch from one Blackberry Classic to another one. Was able to make a successful backup file on my PC, then plugged in my newer Classic and received the following message almost immediately when trying to restore:

"Restore did not complete. There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."

Any ideas or suggestions? Really need to switch this phone asap as my old one is on last legs and don't think will make it thru the month before the Keyone arrives. Let me know!! Thanks.
    04-04-17 08:31 PM
    • What OS is the Classic on?
    • Have you simply tried running it again?
    • Are you running BlackBerry Link as admin?
    • Are you using a BlackBerry USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port?
    04-04-17 10:17 PM
    Thanks for the tips. Blackberry is running software release 10.3.3.1435 and OS 10.3.3.2163

Tried running it again, I believe using Link as an Admin, the same cable and port worked for the back-up so I don't believe is that. Any other suggestions? Much appreciated!
    04-05-17 12:10 AM
    I'm also having major problems with Blackberry Link. I successfully made a backup of older Classic, but I can not run Switch or Restore. With Switch, Link says my original Classic has nothing to transfer. Restore Option won't find the backup file even when directed to the correct folder; it just keeps searching - for hours.

I have software release 10.3.3.1463 on both, connecting with USB cables (Link IS seeing both Blackberries).

I have used Link for this before but no luck this time. Very frustrating. I've tried opening/closing Link, rebooting laptop, everything I can think of.

Thanks.
    04-07-17 09:38 PM
    I am also having issues with Blackberry Link and my Classic. Just hangs on "Loading the restore content..." under "Restore Options". I have the correct backup file location folder selected. Never had this issue before an performed several backups restores an transfers. Any ideas?
    05-29-17 02:48 PM