I'm running v5.0.0.328

So the first issue is that when I try to text it lags like NO OTHER. Takes FOREVER to write a text. Did you guys have this issue back in the day when you had the storm? Any advice on how to remedy it, or is it just like that sometimes?

The second issue: so SMS is obviously only allows 160 characters. But every feature phone i've seen allows you to text beyond that and it just breaks it into multiple SMS messages. I've found on the storm after 160 characters it just stops and you can't type anymore. So I thought, I'll just send i'll mine in MMS then...well MMS isn't threaded...
    I'm not sure how I didn't read about those issues before I bought it.

Is there an update or something to help with the texting?

(PS I've gone through all this trouble because i thought having a phone without wifi would help with my internet addiction but the phone is being more difficult than I anticipated)
    07-16-17 12:05 AM
    First of all, hats off for trying to remedy a personal issue & in doing so, resurrecting the Storm. My very first BlackBerry.

I don't recall ever experiencing any lag when sending SMS but I do seem to remember (faintly) only being able to send 160 characters at a time. I remember watching the character count closely on a regular basis. But maybe I'm wrong. I was really active on Twitter (via text) when I had my Storm so I always had my eye on not exceeding the 140 character limit.
    07-16-17 01:10 AM
    Wow, the storm? My first true love in the mobile device world. Lol I'm glad to see they are still kicking. I don't really remember the sms limit, but I do remember the random lag, the storm 2 was a much better device in this regard, (require a lot less battery pulls as well). Maybe check your settings for messaging see if there is an option for sms limits? I can't even remember the os 5. UI anymore. I did love that zen theme tho,

P.S. I just tried turning my old 9530 on but it wouldn't take a charge. Good luck!

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    07-16-17 01:32 AM