Many of you might criticize me for opening this thread.
    But every single word here is just my opinion. You can agree with that or leave it as it is.

The point here is that BlackBerry hasn't made a stable release of 10.3.1 yet, and they are already working on 10.3.2. Don't you think they should have made a stable release for 10.3.1 before, and if not, why they haven't brought those features a bit earlier in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Aju like this.
    03-24-15 10:59 AM
    But every single word here is just my opinion. You can agree with that or leave it as it is.

The point here is that BlackBerry hasn't made a stable release of 10.3.1 yet, and they are already working on 10.3.2. Don't you think they should have made a stable release for 10.3.1 before, and if not, why they haven't brought those features a bit earlier in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    That's not how software development works. We work on multiple versions at the same time. And depending on how much time a feature needs, we put it in different release. It also depends on the process that you follow too. I'm not from BlackBerry but this is my knowledge as a software engineer. Sometimes the stuff you see is just the tips of the iceberg and not as easy as you might think. Of course we want to deliver the best to the end users but we simply can't wait for anything to be "stable" then deliver it. Each release has a criteria and if that is met then it is delivered.

Posted via CB10
    rhitdoph likes this.
    03-24-15 11:19 AM
    That's not how software development works. We work on multiple versions at the same time. And depending on how much time a feature needs, we put it in different release. It also depends on the process that you follow too. I'm not from BlackBerry but this is my knowledge as a software engineer. Sometimes what you see is just the tips of the iceberg. Of course we want to deliver the best to the end users but we simply can't wait for anything to be "stable" then release it. Each release has a release criteria and if that is met then it is delivered.

Posted via CB10
    You might be right as a software engineer, but as a consumer I might not be wrong as well dude..!!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 11:21 AM
    If we're still getting stuff then I'm all for it.
    03-24-15 11:30 AM
    Which version of 10.3.1 are you on? I find it works very well for me. And BTW, just because they're working on 10.3.2 does not mean bugs in 10.3.1 are not being addressed... this is why it's still 10.3 and not 10.4.
    The Commander likes this.
    03-24-15 11:31 AM
    Which version of 10.3.1 are you on? I find it works very well for me. And BTW, just because they're working on 10.3.2 does not mean bugs in 10.3.1 are not being addressed... this is why it's still 10.3 and not 10.4.
    Exactly right sk8er

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-24-15 11:37 AM
    The term 'stable' means different things to different people and its entirely dependent on the application (i.e. what it is being used for).

This is why consumer apps seem to be updated ALL the time. They usually provide non-critical services, and are usually sandboxed so they don't require as much testing to make sure it won't destroy all user data or their device.

In addition, certain components have lower 'stability' requirements than others. For example, the radio in your car has less stringent requirements than say... the anti-lock break system. So... the development and certification process takes much longer (if they even try to update the design).

So it goes with OS. What you may call 'stable' may simply be something that doesn't run smoothly, but yet... it's doing all it needs without crashing or harming anything else. Don't get me wrong, you can always add or improve to something that is stable (but then you'll likely make it temporarily unstable until you test everything out).

So... that's how it works. Different teams working on different components that are all at different levels and thus are developed at different speeds. If you think about it, it's a miracle anything coherent comes together and is actually ever 'released'.
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    03-24-15 11:43 AM
    The term 'stable' means different things to different people and its entirely dependent on the application (i.e. what it is being used for).

This is why consumer apps seem to be updated ALL the time. They usually provide non-critical services, and are usually sandboxed so they don't require as much testing to make sure it won't destroy all user data or their device.

In addition, certain components have lower 'stability' requirements than others. For example, the radio in your car has less stringent requirements than say... the anti-lock break system. So... the development and certification process takes much longer (if they even try to update the design).

So it goes with OS. What you may call 'stable' may simply be something that doesn't run smoothly, but yet... it's doing all it needs without crashing or harming anything else. Don't get me wrong, you can always add or improve to something that is stable (but then you'll likely make it temporarily unstable until you test everything out).

So... that's how it works. Different teams working on different components that are all at different levels and thus are developed at different speeds. If you think about it, it's a miracle anything coherent comes together and is actually ever 'released'.
    Very well said.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 11:46 AM

Well explained buddy. Well for me atleast, A stable OS means what is lags and glitches free, which these official updates are not for me. Being a minor consumer and not a technician, I think I have full right to call it unstable. Can't I callit so?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-24-15 01:33 PM
    How many stable Versions does Microsoft have of its OS? I do not defend BlackBerry, but I do not support you either.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 01:57 PM
    Well explained buddy. Well for me atleast, A stable OS means what is lags and glitches free, which these official updates are not for me. Being a minor consumer and not a technician, I think I have full right to call it unstable. Can't I callit so?

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can call red blue and a square a triangle... someone out there will agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeahhh. The 10.2.2 was the most stable one....the 10.3XX are all buggy as hell on the Q10s.

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-24-15 05:05 PM
    Could see the OP point is everyone was experiencing similar issues... as people usually complain somewhere... this forum in many cases... makes it seem there are more issues than there actually are... that being said... does not help when it happens to you. in my case my Z30 is zipping along quite nicely.... no issues here... the OP is another shining example of "if it happening to me...it must be happening to everyone".... NOT..... all OS have bugs and some unfortunate souls who have issues... Also owning an IPhone I can tell you from personal experience and those of my clients... many OS 7 and releases were absolute nightmares....with the second patch to OS8 I lost the ability to make phone calls as did all Iphone users in my area.... BB glitches pales in comparison to my Apple experience... ,maybe to OP best bet is get a cheap Android and then there is no worry about new OS versions as they never seem to get any..... lastly... New updates are not just about bug fixes but enhancements... why so many look at them as something that makes past efforts look like failures is beyond me...
    Reaney likes this.
    03-24-15 05:14 PM
    Well said. Every platform has issues with bugs, otherwise everyone iPhone user would be rocking iOS 8.0 (not 8.2), every Android user would be chugging along with Lollipop 5.0 (no need for 5.1!).... etc.

It sucks as an end user no doubt. I guess if you had to point a finger you'd give Android more allowances since they have a larger variance in hardware than Apple (or BlackBerry or Microsoft)... Assuming Apple doesn't intentionally make their software buggy, it comes down to human error and making allowances.

Personally my only bug in 10.3.x was the flickering issue on my Passport which disappeared with the recent leaks (and OTA update). I never experienced low notifications, wifi issues, etc. And that's using the same hardware as everyone else, so go figure. I think it comes down to the other variables (routers, cellular antennas, desktop platform, installing leaks, human error, etc.) that puts a wrench in things for the most part.
    03-24-15 05:26 PM
    You might be right as a software engineer, but as a consumer I might not be wrong as well dude..!!

Posted via CB10
    Whats wrong with 10.3.1??? What you are looking for and you didn't find. Please share what is unstable???
    Android have more lags, struck and restarts

With diplomatic Passport
    03-24-15 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    10.3.1 should make coffee for you? Its do jobs done quickly and efficiently!!!

With diplomatic Passport
    03-24-15 05:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can call anything but don't waste our time with your lack of information threads! Remember BlackBerry is not for stupids!

With diplomatic Passport
    03-24-15 05:56 PM
    I had a few minor issues with my Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267 with a couple of simple resets I would say my OS is very stable. I have had no bugs or issues since my last reset. Recommended by @BlackBerryHelp. They were prompt and helpful for me.

 Z10
    03-24-15 09:35 PM
    Sarcastic thread titles like that shouldn't be allowed.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    03-24-15 11:03 PM