I needed a replacement cell for my Classic which was damaged and after making a claim (Insurance Plan) was told no Blackberry's were available. It was suggested that I call T-Mobile back and ask if I could make a trade/upgrade....doing so T-Mobile had no BB in stock either. I was told do to poor service, dropped calls and that BB did not fully support T-Mobile coverage they would no longer carry BB devices. I saw the BB Priv a month ago but it was out of stock (will not be restocked). Has BB been dropped by T-Mobile again?
    07-03-16 11:52 AM
    07-03-16 12:36 PM
    While the "partnership" isn't necessarily broken, the only phone BB has to offer is the Priv, and due to its radios, it doesn't work well on T-Mo's network, and it didn't sell well, so T-Mo isn't stocking it anymore. It's possible that they may carry the new devices if/when they eventually launch.

This isn't T-Mo "abandoning BB" as much as BB not having much to offer T-Mo that works for their customers.
    07-03-16 12:39 PM
    the only phone BB has to offer is the Priv, and due to its radios, it doesn't work well on T-Mo's network
    Uh, the STV100-1 has band 12, in addition to all other T-Mobile bands, champ. I know your position on BlackBerry hardware but don't start making **** up now...
    07-03-16 03:09 PM
    Thank you for replying. I have gotten mixed answers from T-Mobile Customer Service Reps....

One stated.....wasn't sure if T-Mobile would restock BB (Priv device was the last model in stock a month ago).
    Second said her system showed no BB in stock and could not say if any would restock. She suggested checking back at a later date but not guaranteed and maybe purchasing from a 3rd party (Unblocked BB Device).
    Third person I talked to said, T-Mobile would not be carrying BB devices anymore. Something about BB devices not fully being compatible or fully supporting T-Mobiles service.

I have called several times hoping that maybe human error......at least 1 BB device would appear. I've had a BB's since 2010 (along with T-Mobile) and hoping stay on board. Maybe I will change my carrier provider? Again thank you.
    07-03-16 03:55 PM
    I am under the impression that maybe (yes, maybe) T-Mobile is indirectly pushing BB holders towards other devices. T-Mobiles partnership may not be broken with Blackberry ....it's maybe a matter of waiting it out for the next launch (newer device). This does not help me or others in need of BB replacement devices due to damage, loss/theft and manufacture issues. Verizon offers BB but OMG! There plans are $$$$$/costly (in comparison to T-Mobile)!

Thank you for replying.
    07-03-16 04:20 PM
    Tmobile is phasing out stocking phones that don't have Band 12 support, which Tmob needs to extend their coverage to compete with the big guys ATT/Verizon, meaning only PRIV qualifies. By next year you may be able to get some certified-preowned devices from Tmob w/o Band 12 but that will be it.

Band 12 Supported Phones Currently Sold via Tmobile
    07-03-16 04:35 PM
    Uh, the STV100-1 has band 12, in addition to all other T-Mobile bands, champ. I know your position on BlackBerry hardware but don't start making **** up now...
    You're right - I was thinking about the PP lacking Band 12. That was my bad.
    07-03-16 04:55 PM
    I am under the impression that maybe (yes, maybe) T-Mobile is indirectly pushing BB holders towards other devices. T-Mobiles partnership may not be broken with Blackberry ....it's maybe a matter of waiting it out for the next launch (newer device). This does not help me or others in need of BB replacement devices due to damage, loss/theft and manufacture issues. Verizon offers BB but OMG! There plans are $$$$$/costly (in comparison to T-Mobile)!

Thank you for replying.
    You don't have to necessarily switch away from TMO. And you don't have to buy the BS some TMO reps are feeding you.

If you like the Priv, or Android, you can buy a Priv that's fully compatible with TMO from a few places:

ShopBlackBerry
    Amazon*
    B&H Photo Video

All these places sell factory unlocked* Privs that are fully compatible with TMO--3G, 4G LTE (including band 12,) voice over LTE (voLTE,) WiFi calling, carrier aggregation...all of it. The only issue is that you have to pay upfront (no EIP) and should you need warranty assistance, you would have to deal with online support. But the benefits of buying a Priv through one of these places is that it will come factory unlocked, so should you want to leave for AT&T one day, you could easily do that. Plus, updates come directly from BlackBerry and you aren't tied to a carrier's update schedule.

*Amazon: for the best experience, make sure you buy one that's sold and shipped by amazon.com. You might find significantly lower priced units from third party sellers selling on the Amazon platform and while they are unlocked, they were once AT&T phones and are therefore dependent on AT&T for updates.
    07-03-16 09:29 PM
    07-04-16 02:52 PM