Just feeling like the site isn't nearly as active lately as it was even 6 months ago. Is it just me, or has it been slower here lately?
    04-18-18 02:21 AM
    Of course it has. BB is slowly fading away.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-18 02:25 AM
    Less pot stirring from the BB10 fanboys... Finally accepting reality? 🤔
    Wezard, Carjackd and Marcus R like this.
    04-18-18 07:06 AM
    Six months ago was a device launch; sure, a device barely worth remembering, but a device launch nonetheless. That TCL missed the MWC hype train is another reason why this is the doldrums.

Less pot stirring from the BB10 fanboys... Finally accepting reality? ������
    ������
    PantherBlitz and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-18-18 09:24 AM
    I'd say there's not a lot to talk about these days. Rather than seeing useless posts on CB on how to do this or that let them slow down and maybe go into other directions and focus on Cybersecurity.

BB is not about devices anymore but more about software/services as we all know. So a slow down is normal until CB re-calibrates itself. Whatever is desired.
    RK_BB and rarsen like this.
    04-18-18 09:42 AM
    Oh. I don't know...

I've got 47 new posts in various threads just in the last 3 hours when looking at "all new posts" in my CB Forums apps.

Still seems busy to me.

Sure, a lot of them are "how to bring BB10 back" type threads, but that's normal, right?

ppeters914 likes this.
    04-18-18 09:48 AM
    It sure seem like it did!

I would say that the most interesting items that draw extensive discussions is software updates, more accurately updates with UI / UX improvement and of course new device launch.

Though we get mostly bug fixes on the BlackBerry apps, other than adding widgets in the Productivity Tab there had not been a UI / UX improvement to write home about in a long time and new additions / updates aren't always functioning the way it could; users plead for improvements, don't get much and simply accept reality, nothing to write about.

Of course things will ramp up again when a new device will launch and it's probably worth noting that the relatively low hype around Motion just show how uninteresting a 'slab' device is. Hopefully TCL / BlackBerry Mobile will continue to focus their energy on further carving the PKB niche.

We can certainly expect a peak when Oreo finally gets delivered!
    04-18-18 10:01 AM
    we get these slow cycles before a new product is about to be launched. new devices drive the traffic on the news articles and there hasn't been any major device launch since the KEYone . when we see a new devices on the horizon for the global market the traffic here on CB will most certainly get a lot busier. when the only new news is related to software training bundles and sales it doesn't command the spotlight the way "leaks" and software updates (Oreo??) do. but stick around,. I'm sure the next buzz topic is just around the corner
    04-18-18 11:36 AM
    I would say that the most interesting items that draw extensive discussions is software updates, more accurately updates with UI / UX improvement...
    Pretty sure that's just you.
    04-18-18 12:50 PM
    Pretty sure that's just you.
    Thankfully this is a place of free expression of opinion otherwise I would probably get kicked outta here...
    falbo and Carjackd like this.
    04-18-18 12:54 PM
    we get these slow cycles before a new product is about to be launched. new devices drive the traffic on the news articles and there hasn't been any major device launch since the KEYone . when we see a new devices on the horizon for the global market the traffic here on CB will most certainly get a lot busier. when the only new news is related to software training bundles and sales it doesn't command the spotlight the way "leaks" and software updates (Oreo??) do. but stick around,. I'm sure the next buzz topic is just around the corner
    Pretty much this. People get burnt out on hearing about phones they already know about/have. We're past that 'one year' cycle now, so everything is kinda... Meh. Now people are waiting for the next cool thing to arrive, myself included. Or maybe I already have the next cool thing and am quieltly working on things in the background, which takes away from the day to day. You dunno.
    spantch101 and BerryRipe like this.
    04-19-18 04:42 PM
    Pretty much this. People get burnt out on hearing about phones they already know about/have. We're past that 'one year' cycle now, so everything is kinda... Meh. Now people are waiting for the next cool thing to arrive, myself included. Or maybe I already have the next cool thing and am quieltly working on things in the background, which takes away from the day to day. You dunno.
    Oh snap!
    04-19-18 04:56 PM
    Don't drip feed like this! SHOW US YOUR ATHENA!!!!
    04-19-18 04:57 PM
    I'd say there's not a lot to talk about these days. Rather than seeing useless posts on CB on how to do this or that let them slow down and maybe go into other directions and focus on Cybersecurity.
    1) The help and how-to articles are never really meant for daily readers of a site but EVERY site does them. You know why? People are searching for these things. You may hate them, and and tons of other people may hate them, but again, they're not for you. They're for Google and those searching for those things. In reality, those things help sites stay afloat.

2) We've ran polls and articles based on Cybersecurity and additional content. And you know what? None of the QNX, Cybersecurity or Enterprise stuff even breaks the dumbest of dumb posts when it comes to interaction, which is odd. People don't even bother with that content but it's consistently discussed in the forums. It's weird. Just look at the comments on any of that stuff, next no interaction or if there is some, it's usually 'Cool #BlackBerryFTW ' or something like that. A lot of people proclaim they care. A lot of people really don't care.

tl;dr: We recalibrate all the time, the audience and their reaction to it dictate the path.
    04-19-18 04:57 PM
    I know, at least, that it's definitely NOT another slider... :P
    04-19-18 05:01 PM
    I know, at least, that it's definitely NOT another slider... :P
    You have no idea how much it hurt me to even have to mention that slider in a post. Dumb rumor, all someone had to do was take 30 secs and review the actual info to see it was off base. This is actually one of the things people don't see, and therefore, can't appreciate.

I like to think I maintain a nice balance between some of the rumors and stuff that's out there, but when something like that, that I know is off base comes up, I'm pretty much FORCED to write about it. If I don't, then people say 'you never wrote this' and send it to me a million times. Then if I do wrote about it, that causes people to think 'eh, maybe there is some substance to it' even though I didn't REALLY want to write it in the first place.

Any disclaimer I put in the write up is renedered useless simly because I even wrote about it in the first place.

The struggle.
    04-19-18 05:03 PM
    You have no idea how much it hurt me to even have to mention that slider in a post. Dumb rumor, all someone had to do was take 30 secs and review the actual info to see it was off base. This is actually one of the things people don't see, and therefore, can't appreciate.

I like to think I maintain a nice balance between some of the rumors and stuff that's out there, but when something like that, that I know is off base comes up, I'm pretty much FORCED to write about it. If I don't, then people say 'you never wrote this' and send it to me a million times. Then if I do wrote about it, that causes people to think 'eh, maybe there is some substance to it' even though I didn't REALLY want to write it in the first place.

Any disclaimer I put in the write up is renedered useless simly because I even wrote about it in the first place.

The struggle.
    It's a fine line that you need to walk and you do it well! If there is a point to this thread, it should be a tip of the hat to you.

You're like the John Chen of Crackberry!
    04-19-18 05:24 PM
    It comes and goes . Last year MWC the site was on fire. Fans, enthusiasts and trolls came in droves . BlackBerry Mobile is trying to stay tight lipped about the next device so there really hasn't been a lot to discuss.

But.....if you want to start a thread to petition BlackBerry LTD to continue the development of BB10...this is the place.

I have a feeling things will ramp up around here as we lead into these two new devices
    spantch101 likes this.
    04-19-18 05:29 PM
    it comes and goes in waves.. it always does..... it always does.
    04-19-18 05:50 PM
    Less pot stirring from the BB10 fanboys... Finally accepting reality? 🤔
    Of course you'd have to say something like this. I'm still proudly using a BlackBerry OS 10 smartphone and have not purchased an Android-powered BlackBerry.
    04-19-18 07:11 PM
    No one answers anymore when I ask, "when will my PlayBook get BB10?" 😢
    04-19-18 07:46 PM
    Of course you'd have to say something like this. I'm still proudly using a BlackBerry OS 10 smartphone and have not purchased an Android-powered BlackBerry.
    That's not what he means.

BB10 users are, of course, still heartily welcome.

It's the "outrage" , "lying" , "disrespected" posts he's talking about.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    04-19-18 08:38 PM
    And here we are, more than a year after this post coming back full circle to the exact same place...

No new device, no Pie news, no launcher update....from my perspective it sure seem like its slowing down again.
    07-09-19 04:31 PM
    It's also summertime. I believe things slow down around here from Memorial Day to Labor Day since large part of this site is at the beach or Eurasian activity equivalent.
    Laura Knotek and Tim-ANC like this.
    07-09-19 05:13 PM
    Maybe it did. Still doesn't put new posts that I have contributed to at the top!
    07-09-19 07:23 PM
34 12