I have the apk I extracted from my KeyOne. I love how it prevented apps from all starting up at boot. However, installing the apk on an Android 10 device, it won't install and seem to be because of a missing dependent library?

BlackBerry Power Center 2.1902.1.1381

Since this app worked on my KeyOne without root, evidently. I was hoping to get the same results on Android 10.

Alternatively, do you know of a good substitute that can accomplish the same thing?

Thank you in adavance
    11-23-20 03:48 PM
    I have the apk I extracted from my KeyOne. I love how it prevented apps from all starting up at boot. However, installing the apk on an Android 10 device, it won't install and seem to be because of a missing dependent library?

Since this app worked on my KeyOne without root, evidently. I was hoping to get the same results on Android 10.

Alternatively, do you know of a good substitute that can accomplish the same thing?

Thank you in adavance
    It wouldn't work on any phone other than a BlackBerry. It also went EOL as an app, two years ago.

Android 10 and 11 have much better memory management, and shouldn't really need anything else - but there is always Greenify.

From Android Authority:

"Android’s native capabilities far outshine what you can find in app form. Doze Mode puts your whole device in a hibernation mode of sorts. Apps can only sync occasionally and in batches as dictated by the OS. Thus, it saves a ton of battery life. App Standby restricts data usage by apps you don’t use very often for additional savings. These are enabled by default in modern versions of Android and you really can’t control them. However, by simply not using apps and by leaving your phone to chill for a while, the modes activate and reduce battery drain by a whole bunch."
    11-23-20 04:12 PM
    It wouldn't work on any phone other than a BlackBerry. It also went EOL as an app, two years ago.

Android 10 and 11 have much better memory management, and shouldn't really need anything else - but there is always Greenify.

From Android Authority:

"Android’s native capabilities far outshine what you can find in app form. Doze Mode puts your whole device in a hibernation mode of sorts. Apps can only sync occasionally and in batches as dictated by the OS. Thus, it saves a ton of battery life. App Standby restricts data usage by apps you don’t use very often for additional savings. These are enabled by default in modern versions of Android and you really can’t control them. However, by simply not using apps and by leaving your phone to chill for a while, the modes activate and reduce battery drain by a whole bunch."
    Power Center app works perfectly on my KEY2 devices and it's so convenient.

Lots of people with Android 10 devices have encountered battery drain just take a look at forums on Android Central.

Android Authority? Whatever they say take it with a grain of salt! Not using your apps and leaving your phone chill for awhile? LOL!!!
    11-24-20 02:21 AM

Android Authority? Whatever they say take it with a grain of salt! Not using your apps and leaving your phone chill for awhile? LOL!!!
    Yes. Inactivity will cause an app to go into hibernation.

An app like Power Centre is unnecessary on Android 10/11.

Is CNET ok?

"Use Adaptive Battery and Battery Optimization. Google first introduced both of these features in Android 9.0 Pie: They focus on learning how you use your phone, knowing which apps you use and when, and then optimizing the apps and the amount of battery they use."
    Last edited by conite; 11-24-20 at 02:49 AM.
    11-24-20 02:26 AM
    Power Center app works perfectly on my KEY2 devices and it's so convenient.

Lots of people with Android 10 devices have encountered battery drain just take a look at forums on Android Central.

How does that help the OP with Android 10 phone? I can verify that newer features within 10/11 have improved battery life tremendously.

The biggest reason KEY series had great battery life was the mid-tier 6XX chips. In that regard, TCL was part of a new trend. Unfortunately mid-tier Android/iOS hardware quickly became a new successful trend. My 3a/XR are perfect examples.
    11-24-20 04:27 AM

Thank you in adavance
    Most Samsung's have a similar solution.... that is a little more refined than the baked in tools in Android 10.

But should be able to check the performance and battery in the settings to see what's going on.

As others have pointed out, Power Center was only for BlackBerry devices.... and that software went EOL back in June of 2019. Still works fine on BBMo devices, as they are stuck on software from 2017 (Android 8).
    11-24-20 08:08 AM
    Android Authority? Whatever they say take it with a grain of salt!
    BTW, what do you have against Android Authority? They were one of the first, and have a large writing staff.

If you don't include android.com, it's the third largest Android website in the world. It's behind XDA and techradar, but ahead of Android Central and techcrunch.
    Last edited by conite; 11-24-20 at 11:42 AM.
    11-24-20 11:23 AM