I'm about to buy a Passport but want to know if it is really a significant change and if it's hard to make the transition.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:45 AM
    I'm about to buy a Passport but want to know if it is really a significant change and if it's hard to make the transition.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you search my posts, you will see a lot of statements about how I walked out of the shop with my new Passport thinking I'd just made a terrible purchase and that I'd probably be staying with my Q10...... three hours of Passport usage later..... the Q10 seemed horribly small and not very good for my needs!

BlackBerry Passport: best smartphone I've ever owned.
    savelandia153 likes this.
    07-06-15 11:55 AM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    The only issue that I came across was that the "Space Bar" is quite small and you might miss it a couple a times. But I'm sure you will adjust quickly.

Also, just a visual thing, the keyboard looks quite small in comparison to the rest of the device,the device is dominated by a Super High Rez screen :P

Going from qwerty to qwerty shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-06-15 11:56 AM
    Not difficult to get used to, although you may miss the Alt key. I do.

All the shortcuts that require the Alt key are not available on the Passport.

If you can live with that you should be fine. Typing is a breeze and word prediction is great. The touch sensitive keyboard is handy especially since 10.3.2.xxxx rolled out and it can be used for the home screen as well as most apps.

The Q10 does seem small as stated above and whenever I pick it up I try to swipe the kb and it simply doesn't work!

Enjoy!

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    07-06-15 12:02 PM
    Not difficult to get used to, although you may miss the Alt key. I do.

All the shortcuts that require the Alt key are not available on the Passport.

If you can live with that you should be fine. Typing is a breeze and word prediction is great. The touch sensitive keyboard is handy especially since 10.3.2.xxxx rolled out and it can be used for the home screen as well as most apps.

The Q10 does seem small as stated above and whenever I pick it up I try to swipe the kb and it simply doesn't work!

Enjoy!

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Thanks everyone for your quick response!!!

Another thing that I want to know is if it's really worth it, it is really a change that has to be done?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:07 AM
    Thanks everyone for your quick response!!!

Another thing that I want to know is if it's really worth it, it is really a change that has to be done?

Posted via CB10
    Everyone is different but the way I look at it, is like this.

Does my device perform well enough to do everything I need it to? If the answer is NO, purchase a new device

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-07-15 11:13 AM