Hi
    Just got a problem with the screen on blackberry priv.
    After trying to play a youtube ,screen turn green,no damages.
    Restore done, flash done.
    When turn on screen for a while normal then turn green.
    Any ideas folks or just screen replace??
    02-16-17 01:33 PM
    It's very unlikely that the screen itself broke. You probably have a faulty GPU, you should probably have it repaired (motherboard issues).
    02-16-17 01:40 PM
    If you did a factory reset and didn't do an auto restore of your data and settings... sounds like a hardware issue.
    02-16-17 02:12 PM
    Just yesterday the bottom 1/3 of my screen started flickering light gray then later went flickering lime green and overnight it's straight darker green. Another small portion did the same thing today and it looks like it's going to be a slow descent to a full green screen. Blackberry customer service doesn't recognize my IMEI (wtf) so....guess I'm done with them. Really wanted the Keyone but I've heard the screen comes off!

So, you're not alone with the green screen problem at least because I couldn't find much on it either. Guess it's like the green screen of death. I'm just wondering if it'll eventually die?
    10-17-17 06:45 PM
    i too have a green screen since last week. reset makes it go away temporarily and then it starts back up again.
    have found no solution so far.
    12-04-17 04:12 PM
    Same here folks. Going on almost 2 years with the priv and just got a green screen as well. The bottom third of the screen is flickering and gradually turning green. Screen is responsive on touches but it's annoying as I am having visibility problems. Not sure about the issue is. Probably hardware. Time for a new phone
    12-30-17 07:40 AM
    I was told it was a hardware problem so I went out and bought a new Priv in September and have had no problems with my new machine. I put my old one in the drawer just as a back up. I decided to take it out this week and sure enough it was still green. Right after I turned it on it started updating apps that hadn't been updated for six months. All of sudden in the middle of updating the Google App the screen started returning to normal and after the full installation of the Google app it was fine. But then a 1/2 hour later it flickered and went back to green. So I thought I was going crazy but what the heck I uninstalled the Google App updates and then updated it immediately again and sure enough the same thing happened: while it was updating the screen cleared. Again this only lasted a 1/2 hour but it proves it is NOT a hardware problem but a problem of how the google app interacts with the machine. Maybe someone from BB can check this out. It's crazy.
    02-15-18 10:11 AM
    I was told it was a hardware problem so I went out and bought a new Priv in September and have had no problems with my new machine. I put my old one in the drawer just as a back up. I decided to take it out this week and sure enough it was still green. Right after I turned it on it started updating apps that hadn't been updated for six months. All of sudden in the middle of updating the Google App the screen started returning to normal and after the full installation of the Google app it was fine. But then a 1/2 hour later it flickered and went back to green. So I thought I was going crazy but what the heck I uninstalled the Google App updates and then updated it immediately again and sure enough the same thing happened: while it was updating the screen cleared. Again this only lasted a 1/2 hour but it proves it is NOT a hardware problem but a problem of how the google app interacts with the machine. Maybe someone from BB can check this out. It's crazy.
    That's really weird. If it's software related, I can't understand how a factory reset didn't permanently fix the issue.
    02-15-18 12:15 PM
    I agree a reset should have fixed any software issues. But I've tried it 6 times...by deleting and updating Google the green starts flickering away before my eyes only to return in about 1/2 hour. The strangest thing..
    02-15-18 04:42 PM
    The screen is cold. Place something sufficiently warm on the screen and watch the green disappear, only to then slowly reappear when it's removed. Mine started turning green last winter, which also happens to be when all the other posts on this thread were made.
    10-07-18 05:53 PM