I have the BBKEY2LE (UK) which I use mainly for business email.

Since buying this I have received various Google Play notifications telling me that I need to update Google Drive and other Google related Apps.

I do not use any of these and wonder whether it is safe to disable/stop the Google services I do not use.

Please forgive the ignorance, but what is the diffrence between "disable" and "stop" a service?
    Are there any Google Apps that I need to keep running and up to date to ensure that the BBKEY2LE keeps running normally? If so, which are these and which ones can I safely disable/stop?
    02-05-20 11:23 AM
    Disable means you have shut it off, it won't run at all.

Stop or Force Stop.... kills it for awhile. A reboot can turn it back on, or another service calling for it might do the same.

Do a search for disabling apps on an android device.... there are lots of list out there that explain some of these and what the results might be.
    02-05-20 02:32 PM
    You might want to check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1114355

It was started back when the OP had a KeyOne but it has been kept going with suggestions and updates from many others. I found it invaluable recently when setting up my Key² LE without using a Google account.

I have the BBKEY2LE (UK) which I use mainly for business email.

Since buying this I have received various Google Play notifications telling me that I need to update Google Drive and other Google related Apps.

I do not use any of these and wonder whether it is safe to disable/stop the Google services I do not use.

Please forgive the ignorance, but what is the diffrence between "disable" and "stop" a service?
    Are there any Google Apps that I need to keep running and up to date to ensure that the BBKEY2LE keeps running normally? If so, which are these and which ones can I safely disable/stop?

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-07-20 08:05 PM