Anyone else receive a CAPTCHA request trying to do a Google search from the bb10 browser?

I'm not on wifi or using a shared connection - just using the data connection, not running any scripts (that I know of), or doing any rapid searches. As for malicious software, I guess it's possible, but I'd think unlikely....after all, who is going to code malware for bb10 at this point? Is there a way to confirm it's clean?

Did a restart and got the same thing.

Any thoughts?

See below copy/pasted from the page...

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly."

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 07:17 PM
    I frequently get these when I'm doing repeated searches for somewhat obscure information. As long as you've searching for the same stuff as everybody else, all is fine. When you've not, Google gets suspicious about what you are up to.
    11-17-17 07:33 PM
    I frequently get these when I'm doing repeated searches for somewhat obscure information. As long as you've searching for the same stuff as everybody else, all is fine. When you've not, Google gets suspicious about what you are up to.
    Interesting, never seen it before, so something like

"security review of copperhead OS"

Or.....

"PIA VPN"

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 08:00 PM
    Interesting, never seen it before, so something like

"security review of copperhead OS"

Or.....

"PIA VPN"
    Yes, no product, sports, music, or celebrity names in your searches, particularly repeated searches, seems to make Google very suspicious, especially when their algorithms can't come up with a bunch of seemingly appropriate paid search results to put ahead of what you're actually looking for.
    11-17-17 08:26 PM
    Yes, no product, sports, music, or celebrity names in your searches, particularly repeated searches, seems to make Google very suspicious, especially when their algorithms can't come up with a bunch of seemingly appropriate paid search results to put ahead of what you're actually looking for.
    Getting very tired of Google. Gonna start using DuckDuckGo more I think.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:09 PM
    Do you find this happens on all browsers, or just BB10?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 10:59 PM
    Do you find this happens on all browsers, or just BB10?
    It's not a BB10 thing, it's entirely a Google thing. I'm on Android now and I have seen it with the Chrome app, but most of my obscure searches are done on my PC using Chrome.
    11-17-17 11:12 PM