Bought 2 new BlackBerry priv phones this past Saturday. I absolutely love the phone except mine seems to have an issue with Google play services stopping. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this. It's super frustrating because it won't send text messages either.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 11:05 AM
    I am having the same issue!! Very frustrating indeed. I had it happen in the middle of a call the other day, Google play services crash, then messenger, then com.android.phone, and even the dialer crashed in the middle of my phone call. I called BlackBerry priv tech support and a slew of tips did nothing. I ended up doing a factory rest yesterday. It's still happened twice afterwards. Hoping it won't be a reoccurring issue.
    11-12-15 06:44 AM
    I hate to be the one to harp on this, and it may be unrelated, but have you guys updated everything through the google play store? A lot of the updates to blackberry launcher are supposed to fix crashes like this.
    11-12-15 06:47 AM
    Go to settings.. app manager.. download manager.. clear cache.. than go to Google play.. clear cache ONLY. NOT DATA.

Blackberry Z30
    11-12-15 08:08 AM
    And crashes with dialer, messenger are common on Android phones. Live with it. Only Google services problem can be sorted out by clearing cache.. and download manager. Remember to switch off ya android phone for atleast 2 mins to clear all the mess of the whole day.. rest Enjoy the priv till the android 6 update makes it more heavy.

Blackberry Z30
    11-12-15 08:25 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Yes everything is updated. And I have cleared caches.

It's not just a random crash now and then, though. It's hard to deal with it when it's a constant crash, 3 or 4 or 5 times in under minute or a dozen times a day like it is with me. I've had to do 2 factory resets already.

I'll try turning my phone off at night time and see if that helps.
    11-13-15 06:26 AM
    Factory resets won't help. These crashes are common on android phones. Android 5 was never bug free. These are the only way to deal with crashes.

Blackberry Z30
    11-13-15 08:17 AM
    They're happening far to frequently, though. Or is that really just something I have to get used to?

Makes me want to use my z30 again. Bb10 is better in so many ways.
    11-13-15 10:31 AM
    Get used to Google services crashes its common. But if yu experience DEFAULT SYSTEM app crashes frequently.. tk it to the service centre nd reload os. And Ya but plz do a back up of ya data.

Blackberry Z30
    11-13-15 11:29 AM
    Well doesn't Messenger and dialer count as default system apps? They keep crashing along with google play services.
    I'm going to monitor it today. Its only happened once so far. If it occurs again I'm taking it back for another priv and see what happens
    11-13-15 01:16 PM
    If ya dialer and messenger are crashing, in somedays yu ll find system ui crashing too. It's OS issue. Default system app except Google services shouldn't crash atleast in its initial new form. You shud go for replacement.

Blackberry Z30
    11-13-15 11:47 PM