Greeting from Chile! I must say that my english is not good. I decide to write here because there isn�t many blogs with updates of Blackberry world in spanish.
    Im an iOS user, from the iphone 4, i love iOS but i want something new, i buy the xperia z3, but i don�t like it too much, and android wasn�t my best experience, it wasn�t bad, but it wasn�t good.
    I never use a blackberry before, i don�t know how could be the experience, i don�t know if have a device with keyboard is better, faster, smoother than an iphone for example.
    I like very much the design of the passport, the look is amazing, and is so elegant.
    I use my iphone for photos, music (spotify), some casual games, mails, message, whatsapp...a lot, i don�t know if the passport is good for that. The most important for me is the sound quality for music and calls (The volume of the xperia z3 was so low, the iphone is great in that issue), the camera, i use a lot instagram, and if i can attach documents, excel documents, etc (the iphone is ridiculous complex for that), and if i can use it as a pendrive.
    My doubts and fears are because i think BB is gonna kill BB10.

I hope you can help me with my doubts.
    02-18-16 11:22 AM
    Just get one, I still love mine after 14 months, music is great, plays great, no regrets, love screen size and keyboard.

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-18-16 11:30 AM
    Is it a good idea to purchase a Passport in 2016? Yes, undoubtedly. It's 2016 and I'm still using my trusted Z30. But if the price difference isn't that huge, Priv would be a better option, as the Company clearly focuses on it now.
    02-18-16 11:31 AM
    Passport is a great phone and there is nothing like it on the market.

You concerns about BB10 and BlackBerry's support, sadly are what they are. But even without any software updates other than the two minors ones they have promised, BB10 will work fine for years to come. Only issue will be apps - access to Android Apps could become more limited in the future, and it's doubtful that BlackBerry World App catalog will grow very much. Based on what you said you needed... I think the Passport will fit your needs.
    02-18-16 11:44 AM
    Yes it will be a good idea. There are rumors pointing to a passport running Android. See what BlackBerry brings out in MWC 2016

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-16 12:41 PM
    The Passport Silver Edition, I would say is still very worth while in 2016. It's got a very high resolution screen which competes with all other devices out there. It's got a big battery.

Bottom line. YES, go get one. The Silver Edition Version!

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    02-18-16 12:50 PM
    It's good because they are a lot cheaper now. It will be a great spare phone. But for almost the same price you can get a used iPhone 6 or other used High end Android device.
    02-22-16 02:51 PM
    I don't think it's a good idea to buy a new bb10 device, beacuse john chen dosen't promise that there will be new OS updates after the next year.

this is the reason i don't buy and not recommendad to others.
    02-22-16 03:51 PM
    I just think that you should buy whichever device suits your needs. Even without update, BB10 is the OS I feel is the best in terms of getting things done.

If you are looking for a phone to game and get a ton of apps ( some you might end up using only once...) then Android or iOS should be the place to look.

If you like the productivity and ease of use of BB10, then look no further. I'd say Passport if you like the physical keyboard or Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 07:40 PM
    Go for it. The Google play option is super cool if you're decently handy with hacks.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 11:33 PM