Hi,

I'm employed by a small company as an administrative assistant, and I'm looking to improve upon our technology here. We just signed up for a trial period for Office 365 Business Premium, and a trial period for BES 12 Cloud. Our business website and email accounts are hosted by GoDaddy, and we are not utilizing the secure workspace at present. My goal is to have a hosted calendar (whether it be on GoDaddy or Office 365) that both syncs and can be edited remotely via Outlook on the desktop, the Outlook webapp, my BlackBerry Q10, and/or my employer's iPhone 6 Plus. I'd also like the same setup for our many business contacts. I'm not sure how to go about all of this, and I definitely need some help. Before I contact BlackBerry, Microsoft, or GoDaddy directly, I'd like to post my inquiry here. Can anyone possibly advise/direct me on how to go about this? I'd be happy to wire some money to you via PayPal for your time.

Thanks,

Admin_Noob
    05-21-15 12:02 PM
    Why do people do this "I'd be happy to wire you some money" here? What is this? Fiverr?

Here is what I'd do:
    • Check if it is possible to migrate the email from GoDaddy to Outlook.com, this way you have one less party to deal with. I know with Google Apps you can have the whole Google PIM suite and still keep your whatevercompany.com address;
    • That would solve the calendar/contact sync, your BlackBerry can sync that info easily;
    • MS Outlook and Outlook.com probably can sync that data too. Google seems to say it is possible: Add Outlook.com to Office Outlook - Outlook.com Help - How to setup Sync outlook 2010 with outlook.com account;
    • If you do it like that, you don't need to bother with BlackBerry Link being used to sync anything. Remember will sync Tasks/Contacts/Calendars from Outlook.com and MS Outlook will do the same - no middle man;
    • All that set up, add the BES12 layer on top of it for security.

I'm no BES Admin though, there are probably other options.
    Why do people do this "I'd be happy to wire you some money" here? What is this? Fiverr?

Here is what I'd do:
    • Check if it is possible to migrate the email from GoDaddy to Outlook.com, this way you have one less party to deal with. I know with Google Apps you can have the whole Google PIM suite and still keep your whatevercompany.com address;
    • That would solve the calendar/contact sync, your BlackBerry can sync that info easily;
    • MS Outlook and Outlook.com probably can sync that data too. Google seems to say it is possible: Add Outlook.com to Office Outlook - Outlook.com Help - How to setup Sync outlook 2010 with outlook.com account;
    • If you do it like that, you don't need to bother with BlackBerry Link being used to sync anything. Remember will sync Tasks/Contacts/Calendars from Outlook.com and MS Outlook will do the same - no middle man;
    • All that set up, add the BES12 layer on top of it for security.

I'm no BES Admin though, there are probably other options.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-21-15 at 01:04 PM.
    05-21-15 12:53 PM
    I think I've done this before..

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-21-15 01:15 PM