Can I put sim from priv into key 2 or key 2le and have it mostly work? Ok if some features like wireless calling don't work.

I tried reading some threads but some of the technical terms are over my head.

Thanks
    11-28-19 10:17 AM
    Can I put sim from priv into key 2 or key 2le and have it mostly work? Ok if some features like wireless calling don't work.

I tried reading some threads but some of the technical terms are over my head.

Thanks
    Technically, yes although new SIM would be a good idea. What carrier are you using with the PRIV now?
    11-28-19 11:18 AM
    Technically, yes although new SIM would be a good idea. What carrier are you using with the PRIV now?
    Verizon. I would be happy to do whatever needs to be done to get the key2 working on Verizon. It's actually for my wife who has the priv currently and needs a keyboard
    11-28-19 11:20 AM
    Verizon. I would be happy to do whatever needs to be done to get the key2 working on Verizon. It's actually for my wife who has the priv currently and needs a keyboard
    That’s what I was afraid of. The VZW PRIV is a CDMA device that was, and for now is, still currently supported. The Key2 and Key2 LE are LTE only devices. VZW is dropping CDMA while going LTE only. While LTE only shouldn’t require special activation, it does require VZW certification for each device model. The Key2 isn’t VZW certified and the Key2 LE is VZW certified.

What this means is you can buy the LE and VZW can provision a new LTE SIM that’s CDMALESS on their network. If you want the Key2 on VZW network, after having a CDMALESS LTE only SIM provisioned for ANY VZW certified device that you purchase first, like the LE, you can switch that SIM over to Key2 and it SHOULD function, but NO guarantees.
    11-28-19 09:01 PM