Hey Bla1ze!

There's an old story about the last buggy whip company. They were THE best and they lasted longer than any other buggy whip company BUT eventually they to went out of business when there just were no more horse draw carriages. (Amish not withstanding! lol)

Anyways, I know this has been address before and I kind of know the answer (WebOS Nation IS still around ) BUT please reassures the natives that CrackBerry is here to stay! Obviously you don't have a crystal ball, and can not predict the future for BlackBerry, BUT the truth is they ARE still here, and even if they were not there would still be BlackBerry fans for quite some time in the future.

Would it surprise some of you to know that the Amiga PC STILL has fans, and a following some 30 years later? You'll find Amiga articles, videos, emulators, etc.

Thoughts?
    01-25-17 11:31 AM
    So is this the fifth or sixth question for Bla1ze? It doesn't say in the title.
    pkcable and Carjackd like this.
    01-25-17 11:50 AM
    As you know and mentioned, this has been asked in several different ways before so I've learned how to sum it up nicely.

If nothing else, I know one thing about CrackBerry. When all the other sites have long given up on BlackBerry, we'll still be here in some capacity helping whoever remains. It's no secret several formerly popular BlackBerry sites have shut down, moved on, or changed focus, but CrackBerry won't go dark before its time.
    01-25-17 01:58 PM
    Hey Bla1ze!

There's an old story about the last buggy whip company. They were THE best and they lasted longer than any other buggy whip company BUT eventually they to went out of business when there just were no more horse draw carriages. (Amish not withstanding! lol)

Anyways, I know this has been address before and I kind of know the answer (WebOS Nation IS still around ) BUT please reassures the natives that CrackBerry is here to stay! Obviously you don't have a crystal ball, and can not predict the future for BlackBerry, BUT the truth is they ARE still here, and even if they were not there would still be BlackBerry fans for quite some time in the future.

Would it surprise some of you to know that the Amiga PC STILL has fans, and a following some 30 years later? You'll find Amiga articles, videos, emulators, etc.

Thoughts?
    I've always thought the Amiga story to be almost the perfect analogue of the BB story. Terrific hardware and an OS that was innovative, arguably better than equivalent PCs and Mac computers of the era, easy to use, and quirky ... yet it ultimately failed. That is to say, good hardware and a better OS aren't the recipes to market dominance.

As you and Bla1ze point out, there will be enthusiasts who sing the praises of BB10 long after its passing.

However, Bla1ze, I have the feeling that this site will close its doors once ad revenue sinks below operating costs. Unless you're planning on running a charity site like Lemon Amiga ...
    01-26-17 01:33 PM
    However, Bla1ze, I have the feeling that this site will close its doors once ad revenue sinks below operating costs.
    Dude.

visorcentral.com >> the #1 community resource for Handspring's Visor

How much money do you think Treo Central is still bringing in? And that's still technically running.
    01-27-17 11:56 AM
    Dude.

visorcentral.com >> the #1 community resource for Handspring's Visor

How much money do you think Treo Central is still bringing in? And that's still technically running.
    That's fricking AWESOME! I'm 99% certain I used to visit back in the day too! I had several Visors and a Treo 90! (I THINK I still have the 90 laying around somewhere)
    01-27-17 02:34 PM
    TreoCentral was where I joined Mobile Nations!
    jope28 likes this.
    01-29-17 04:56 PM
    TreoCentral was where I joined Mobile Nations!
    Me too.... a Treo 755 (or something like that) was my first smartphone and I was trying to get the most out of it. But my work switched over to BlackBerry's and gave me a STORM.... most in my company quickly asked for a different phone as the STORM really was terrible. But with CrackBerry help and different hybrid OS and the Shrink-My-OS Tool.... I managed to get by.
    john_v, zephyr613 and pkcable like this.
    01-30-17 10:07 AM
    Me too.... a Treo 755 (or something like that) was my first smartphone and I was trying to get the most out of it. But my work switched over to BlackBerry's and gave me a STORM.... most in my company quickly asked for a different phone as the STORM really was terrible. But with CrackBerry help and different hybrid OS and the Shrink-My-OS Tool.... I managed to get by.
    Those Treos were awesome for their day.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-30-17 10:20 AM
    Those Treos were awesome for their day.
    If Palm had a version of Push Email, or if Active Sync had come along a little sooner.... BlackBerry probably would never have seen the success they did. Even back then Palm's OS was MUCH better and combined with a stylus and touch screen was so easy to use.

But the tech world is littered with the "if only" or "what if".
    john_v and pkcable like this.
    01-30-17 10:33 AM
    In a LOT of ways I still miss Palm! Remember how they used to aggregate news?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-30-17 11:53 AM