Is three any way I can get a full updated version of BBM on my BlackBerry leap?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 07:22 AM
    What version do you have?

BB10 BBM really isn't something BlackBerry or Emtek are really focused on at this point, as it is a soon to be EOL product that there aren't many users left on.
    03-26-19 07:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just check on BBW if you have the last version of BBM.
    03-26-19 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by full version? There is only one consumer version.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    03-26-19 08:32 AM
    Remember BB10 BBM is a depreciated version on purpose. You do not have certain features that the iOS and Android versions do. If you need to be able to communicate in groups with mixed users and such that are on those OS then you need to upgrade to a more capable and supported device. Leap and BB10 are EOL and will probably have certain services that could break at anytime with no fix.
    03-26-19 09:25 AM
    I keep getting invited to a group chat, but all I get is this message:

I am inviting you to join a group: dude, please update your BBM to the latest version to join. Upgrade here: http://bbm.com/upgrade/

I click the link and all it does is take me to the BBM website.

Is this more clear?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 09:27 AM
    Is this more clear?
    Yes and no; you'd need an upgrade, but it's hardware.
    03-26-19 09:29 AM
    I keep getting invited to a group chat, but all I get is this message:

I am inviting you to join a group: dude, please update your BBM to the latest version to join. Upgrade here: BBM for Android & iPhone iOS is Here - Download BBM - Global

I click the link and all it does is take me to the BBM website.

Is this more clear?

Posted via CB10
    You cannot join ANY group that is not BB10 ONLY. That ability was taken away about 6-8 months ago. Therefore, if you want to participate, your only option is to get a new iOS or android device. Sorry but that is the way it is.
    conite likes this.
    03-26-19 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 03:12 PM
    You cannot join ANY group that is not BB10 ONLY. That ability was taken away about 6-8 months ago. Therefore, if you want to participate, your only option is to get a new iOS or android device. Sorry but that is the way it is.
    I find this really interesting. I am currently a participant in a group with 1 BBOS, 1 BB10, 4 Android and one IOS user. Everything works fine. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 07:57 PM
    I find this really interesting. I am currently a participant in a group with 1 BBOS, 1 BB10, 4 Android and one IOS user. Everything works fine. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know how that happens - you should have been kicked out as well as the BBOS individual.
    03-26-19 08:12 PM
    Don't know how that happens - you should have been kicked out as well as the BBOS individual.
    Maybe we're special.

Just tried this ;
    If I start a group (BB10), anyone is able to join. But if an Android/IOS user creates a group, the exact thing happens as is described by OP.
    I wonder how long it will last though...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-19 08:27 PM
    If I start a group (BB10), anyone is able to join. But if an Android/IOS user creates a group, the exact thing happens as is described by OP.
    I wonder how long it will last though...
    hmmnn--interesting indeed. The only group I have ever been involved in may have been started by an android user but I have no way of finding out as it was rather large. At one point a while back, I received a BBM notice that I would need to switch to a supported device. It could very well be that if the group is created by a BB10 device things will continue on as usual. Really don't know. Maybe others can verify this. Anyway glad to hear it works for you - and yes, your group MUST be special.
    03-26-19 08:34 PM
    hmmnn--interesting indeed. The only group I have ever been involved in may have been started by an android user but I have no way of finding out as it was rather large. At one point a while back, I received a BBM notice that I would need to switch to a supported device. It could very well be that if the group is created by a BB10 device things will continue on as usual. Really don't know. Maybe others can verify this. Anyway glad to hear it works for you - and yes, your group MUST be special.
    It's just BBM on BB10 being inherently broken now.
    03-27-19 11:46 AM
    It's just BBM on BB10 being inherently broken now.
    Right, but what I find interesting is that BlackBerry said this:

"BBM Groups will no longer support groups with a combination of BB10 / BBOS participants and Android / iOS participants.
    BBM Groups will continue to support groups with only BB10 and BBOS participants, or groups with only Android and iOS participants."

And yet...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-19 03:41 PM
    And yet...
    If the group was initiated using BB10 then those that switch to Android can still participate along with BB10 users but for the BB10 users the experience degrades. For example, a user of BB10 posts a picture to the group and the group can see it, but if an Android user posts a picture the BB10 user will not be able to see it.
    03-27-19 04:56 PM