How can I solve the problem of," you have not enough space".i am using only 2 android app s

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 08:52 AM
    How can I solve the problem of," you have not enough space".i am using only 2 android app s

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a messaging app such as WhatsApp storing lots of media files/messaging etc? Remember, the Z3 is limited to 8 Gb of internal memory which by today's standards is tiny. Maybe you have lots of pictures/videos stored on your device and not an sd card? If so, move them off of your internal memory onto a storage device.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-28-19 09:36 AM
    That I used to do, still getting the warning

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 09:38 AM
    That I used to do, still getting the warning

Posted via CB10
    Go through your file structure using File Manager and concentrate on: misc./android folder. You may have some large android messaging file left over after removing the app. BE CAREFUL and make a backup before removing anything if you can. Look for any large files relating to previous android app installs.
    03-28-19 09:44 AM
    Any apps for removing unnecessary apps automatically?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 10:04 AM
    Clear browser cache, check download folder, shorten sync time on email accounts, delete text messages you don't need. Make sure you use an SD Card for any content that you can - documents, videos and images.

In the end I like doing a clean install of the OS and starting over from time to time... at least with BB10.
    03-28-19 10:06 AM
    Any apps for removing unnecessary apps automatically?

Posted via CB10
    No - no need anyway. DDD reminded us to clean the browser cache which is very important. How many apps in total on your Z3? Count them up and uninstall any that you RARELY ever use. Most people only use 10-20 apps only but have many, many more than that on their devices. Spring Cleanup!
    03-28-19 10:20 AM
    I always wished that there was a "Shrink-A-OS" version for BB10.... even on my 16GB Z10, space got kinda cramped at times. There were things like BBM, Amazon App Store and probable a lot of others that I never used.
    03-28-19 10:38 AM
    I always wished that there was a "Shrink-A-OS" version for BB10
    Off topic a bit but I'm having that problem with Win10 on my Lenovo Thinkpad tab. I've heard rumors about Microsoft paring down a Win10 version that would help with my 32Gb internal drive but nothing out yet. Driving me crazy seeing the "you have updates........etc" warning on my device and then being UNABLE to download and install because of insufficient space. I have uninstalled as much as I can but the OS and few apps on my machine have that drive chock full. This is a case (as are android and every other os) of having too much functionality for my meagre needs lol.
    03-28-19 10:54 AM
    I always wished that there was a "Shrink-A-OS" version for BB10.... even on my 16GB Z10, space got kinda cramped at times. There were things like BBM, Amazon App Store and probable a lot of others that I never used.
    There is a "sort-of" version of that. If you used Darcy's tools to install an OS - the non-destructive method that loaded the files one by one - you could ignore all the language files you didn't need, the retail demo, and some apps like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. In total, they could amount to a decent chunk of space. Never tried the Amazon App Store and I don't think BBM was a separate file to ignore. That might have been in the core OS.

But, it's been a while since I last did that. I've just done autoloaders for the past few years.
    brookie229 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-28-19 11:42 AM
    Off topic a bit but I'm having that problem with Win10 on my Lenovo Thinkpad tab. I've heard rumors about Microsoft paring down a Win10 version that would help with my 32Gb internal drive but nothing out yet. Driving me crazy seeing the "you have updates........etc" warning on my device and then being UNABLE to download and install because of insufficient space. I have uninstalled as much as I can but the OS and few apps on my machine have that drive chock full. This is a case (as are android and every other os) of having too much functionality for my meagre needs lol.
    If it has an OEM Recovery or a Windows Recovery partition... you could try deleting those and then extend your C drive into the unallocated space.

Other things to look at are Hibernation Settings and System Restore settings as these eat up drive space.

Assume you have used the Windows Update Cleanup option in the Disk Cleanup.

If it's just the updates (big biannual feature updates) you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create USB drive to reinstall Windows with the "Keep Personal files and apps" option, but I'd probable do a clean install.

Also there is https://www.windowscentral.com/how-r...tprint-your-pc
    ppeters914 and brookie229 like this.
    03-28-19 11:56 AM
    There is a "sort-of" version of that. If you used Darcy's tools to install an OS - the non-destructive method that loaded the files one by one - you could ignore all the language files you didn't need, the retail demo, and some apps like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. In total, they could amount to a decent chunk of space. Never tried the Amazon App Store and I don't think BBM was a separate file to ignore. That might have been in the core OS.

But, it's been a while since I last did that. I've just done autoloaders for the past few years.
    Good point - I used to do that as well - remove unused language files - demo - if I remember correctly, I could remove around 300mb or so which may make some improvement to the OP's device. I know that Amazon couldn't be removed, nor BBM.

To the OP: somewhere here on CB forums is a thread with instructions for removal of these files from the OS using Sachesi (the program I used). I'll see if I can find it and add it here to this post.

Here: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-t...d-flab-977846/

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS PROCEDURE!!
    Of course this was on older OS but the poster claimed he removed almost 1.5 Gb of stuff he didn't need - ymmv and remember that there will be many files not listed in his old post so, once again, be careful and if you are not sure what a particular file does, do not delete it.
    Last edited by brookie229; 03-28-19 at 12:15 PM.
    03-28-19 12:01 PM
    Wow! Forgot all about that BBOS app. There was another one, but I don't remember the name. I do recall playing with both for BBOS 6.x builds for my Torch 9800 before moving to Z10.
    03-28-19 12:10 PM