Guys I need a little help
    How can I use my SD card as internal storage on my bb10
    02-18-19 02:34 PM
    You don't. It's not an option on BlackBerry 10.
    02-18-19 03:22 PM
    Am I misunderstanding something? I use my SD card as internal storage on my BB10 phones. All my photos, documents, music, ringtones, etc are stored there.

You can't store applications and run them from an SD card, no. But files you create can be stored there. Backups you make can be stored there too, but you probably also should keep a copy of the contents of your SD card on a PC as well.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-18-19 04:18 PM
    Unless the OP wants to clarify, we think the question is about combining internal and SD card memory into one big "system memory" pool. Similar to what you can do with android - turn the SD card into adoptable storage.

The SD card in BB10 is called "media storage", while internal memory is "device storage". And yes, you can have all kinds of stuff stored on the SD card, but it's a separate item in the file manager and technically not considered "internal".
    02-18-19 04:46 PM
    Unless the OP wants to clarify, we think the question is about combining internal and SD card memory into one big "system memory" pool. Similar to what you can do with android - turn the SD card into adoptable storage.
    Yeah, that's what I got from it.
    02-18-19 04:48 PM
    Guys I need a little help
    How can I use my SD card as internal storage on my bb10
    Lo Va, can you confirm this is what you were asking about? Bla1ze and Joel are right, you cannot combine your SD card with internal storage on BB10, but you can use it to store pretty much any file you want--including, with some HIGHLY technical modifications, making it visible to the Android runtime as an SD card so Android apps can store files there.
    02-18-19 06:29 PM
    Ohhhh thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize that in Android the SD card was not still considered a separate entity.

The SD card in BB10 is called "media storage", while internal memory is "device storage". And yes, you can have all kinds of stuff stored on the SD card, but it's a separate item in the file manager and technically not considered "internal".

02-18-19 06:37 PM
    Ohhhh thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realize that in Android the SD card was not still considered a separate entity.

It normally is, but since a couple versions back you have the option to combine it so it's all considered "internal", but it locks the SD card to that and if it's ever removed without proper preparation, it messes a lot of things up.

It can be helpful for those with lower end android phones with small internal memory sizes, yet still have SD card slots. But many don't suggest using adoptable storage (the term used for combining internal and SD card storage). Some android OEMs don't allow it, like Samsung.
    02-18-19 07:06 PM
    Good to know! thanks again, joel. I'm sure I'll put this to good use before the end of 2019 :-)

It normally is, but since a couple versions back you have the option to combine it so it's all considered "internal", but it locks the SD card to that and if it's ever removed without proper preparation, it messes a lot of things up.

It can be helpful for those with lower end android phones with small internal memory sizes, yet still have SD card slots. But many don't suggest using adoptable storage (the term used for combining internal and SD card storage). Some android OEMs don't allow it, like Samsung.

02-18-19 07:12 PM