Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm using my new Key2 LE and just finished transferring all my data over....manually I thought I'd change my Password Keeper pswd to something new as my old pswd was associated with my ex-husband. Now of course I've forgotten what the new pswd is. I can still access the app via my fingerprint, but even in the settings to change the pswd you must enter the current pswd. I'm on attempt #4 .

Any advice on how to recover/change the password from within the app? I'd really like to not have to re-enter every username, website, notes, for each entry.....again lol
    09-14-19 11:07 AM
    When you have entered the password app, isn't it possible to export the passwords to a file? When doing that you give that file it's own password. However next step should be to make a fresh start with a new app password and then import the previous exported file with it's assigned password. I don't know if this is possible however.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 09-14-19 at 01:36 PM.
    09-14-19 01:25 PM
    I'm using my new Key2 LE and just finished transferring all my data over....manually I thought I'd change my Password Keeper pswd to something new as my old pswd was associated with my ex-husband. Now of course I've forgotten what the new pswd is. I can still access the app via my fingerprint, but even in the settings to change the pswd you must enter the current pswd. I'm on attempt #4 .

Any advice on how to recover/change the password from within the app? I'd really like to not have to re-enter every username, website, notes, for each entry.....again lol
    Make sure to uncheck "Password Reminder" under Settings -> Password Keeper Password.

If this is checked, eventually it will force you to enter your password manually, even if you have a fingerprint set, in order to help you remember it. If you can't remember it before this occurs then I'm not sure if restarting the device will allow you to access via finger print again.
    09-14-19 02:21 PM
    I think the idea of making a new PWManager start should be started now.

This is in case the Manager goes wrong where you get into a loop where a typed PW other than fingerprint is needed.

Save your work:
    Go to Settings. Export to .CVS format (un encrypted) to be used later for Import to a new file, as last resort.
    09-15-19 03:21 PM