Hello.

I've an old BlackBerry Z10 that I'm not using because the camera and the SIM contact are broken. I've seen that Kali has a version for armhf processors. BlackBerry has a Krait processor with ARMv7-A instructions set. In my understanding (I'm quite a newbie) it should work.

However I'm not able to understand how should I flash it. All flashing tutorials I found use a .bar file (Kali is a .img.xz). I also read a tutorial about creating a bar file but I belive I have to have a signed radio and OS.

Is there some way to do what I want? (I'm not afraid to brick the phone because right now it is just laying in a drawer).

Thanks!
    11-15-16 10:58 AM
    Hello.I've an old BlackBerry Z10 that I'm not using because the camera and the SIM contact are broken. I've seen that Kali has a version for armhf processors. BlackBerry has a Krait processor with ARMv7-A instructions set. In my understanding (I'm quite a newbie) it should work.However I'm not able to understand how should I flash it. All flashing tutorials I found use a .bar file (Kali is a .img.xz). I also read a tutorial about creating a bar file but I belive I have to have a signed radio and OS.Is there some way to do what I want? (I'm not afraid to brick the phone because right now it is just laying in a drawer).Thanks!
    BlackBerry BB10 devices have a secured boot process that has not been circumvented and probably won't ever be.
    11-15-16 11:10 AM
    You'd need to be BlackBerry in order to run non-kosher certified software (like Linux) on a device, and you'd also need to be BlackBerry to package another OS in a way that's installable.

Moreover, BlackBerry is dead-set against the user having any way to gain low-level access like that to run a custom ROM; even on Android, with its publicly-accessible toolchain and vibrant third party developer scene.
    11-15-16 02:58 PM
    I suggest that you wipe your phone and sell it to someone who can make use of it as a communications device. An Android device is what you're after if flashing custom ROMs onto mobile phones is what tickles your fancy.
    11-15-16 03:05 PM