Hi. I lost my device and signed in to bbprotect to flag as stolen. Now it says "This device is lost or stolen. The data on this device has been deleted. If this device supports the anti-theft feature, someone who finds this device can�t set it up without knowing your BlackBerry ID."

My question is, the device still shows active...what does it mean? can it still be useful to the person who took it?
    10-17-16 03:32 AM
    Hi. I lost my device and signed in to bbprotect to flag as stolen. Now it says "This device is lost or stolen. The data on this device has been deleted. If this device supports the anti-theft feature, someone who finds this device can’t set it up without knowing your BlackBerry ID."

My question is, the device still shows active...what does it mean? can it still be useful to the person who took it?
    I think it just means it is a device still "listed" as on your account... not that it is actually on and communicating.

Display a Message is the option I would have chosen if I had just lost my phone. When if does a WIPE of the phone, you can't track it anymore...
    Hi. I lost my device and signed in to bbprotect to flag as stolen. Now it says "This device is lost or stolen. The data on this device has been deleted. If this device supports the anti-theft feature, someone who finds this device can’t set it up without knowing your BlackBerry ID."

I think it just means it is a device still "listed" as on your account... not that it is actually on and communicating.

Display a Message is the option I would have chosen if I had just lost my phone. When if does a WIPE of the phone, you can't track it anymore...
    10-17-16 08:41 AM
    You should also let your carrier know.
    10-17-16 08:54 AM