Hi guys, So I have a BlackBerry z10 and Software Release : 10.2.1.2977 ; OS version : 10.2.1.3247 and I've been experiencing a few problems since June last year with the OS itself and I always doubted that it might be corrupted.

Problems Like: Applications not Un-installing. There is always ghost applications with icons after un-installation.

Android Runtime would abruptly stop and none of the apps would open.

And I even got a ~300 mb (approx) update to 10.2.xxx and that would always "get interrupted" at ~97%.

I currently have the 10.3 os available to "Install" (it's downloaded) via Link and even through browser but the error message pops up saying "Fatal Error Occurred and failed to update your device software".

So, One more thing I noticed that The "Instant" app (from BlackBerry World) most of the times shows that it was started on "16th June, 2014".

And I recently installed a software from Beta Zone and it won't run because the date of my device is "16th June, 2014" and then error pops up saying "Your file system is corrupt".

So somebody help me how can I fix this and how can I update my phone to 10.3.

Is reloading from the link, the only option? (I don't want to start from search again)

I think security wiping won't solve the issue because the problem is with the OS.

And I've around 6.5 GB free space for updating . I've tried OTA but it failed @99%.

So helo me asap. It's affecting my productivity.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:48 AM
    I am not able to update my z10 too. It fails at 97% saying update is been interrupted. tried multiple files.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 05:36 AM
    Upload via Sachesi method it is the same OS you get from carriers. There is lots of information here in the forums.
    03-22-15 06:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904841

Open link for instructions. Download first the most recent version of Sachesi.
    03-22-15 06:26 AM
    Upload via Sachesi method it is the same OS you get from carriers. There is lots of information here in the forums.
    Uploading via Sachesi is the same as security wiping and then reloading the OS via Link.
    And since I've an unlocked device so that's not a problem since the OTA update is available but it isn't installing itself.

Do you if Reloading the OS resets everything and if I would have to set up everything from the beginning as in a new device?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:43 AM
    Here's a forum thread that might be helpful regarding your "file system corrupt" error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...or-fix-858528/
    03-22-15 07:52 AM
    Here's a forum thread that might be helpful regarding your "file system corrupt" error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...or-fix-858528/
    Ah No its not the same. I'm able to use the my device, there's no such "yellow error on startup". Actually its like this that I'm able to use the corrupted os but some times it causes the above (top) stated problems and it won't install the update.

Do you know if I'll have to start from scratch if I do reload? I've made a full backup, will that be helpful for restoration of the personalisation I've done.?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:52 AM
    Personally, I would reload your OS using Links and manually re-add your contacts, personalization, etc to ensure that no corrupted files are added after the reinstall.
    Last edited by mrmdls; 03-22-15 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-22-15 11:52 AM
    Uploading via Sachesi is the same as security wiping and then reloading the OS via Link.
    And since I've an unlocked device so that's not a problem since the OTA update is available but it isn't installing itself.

Do you if Reloading the OS resets everything and if I would have to set up everything from the beginning as in a new device?

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. Just gonna leave it at that. If an autoloader cannot resolve the corrupt system then it will need to be replaced or fixed by BlackBerry directly through repair.
    03-22-15 12:37 PM
    Had same issue with two Q5's that 10.3.1.was available OTA but could not update and last minute got same error message so did not work. Tried Sachesi and worked fine no issues and yes being a new OS had to set up the new settings nothing wrong with that as 10.3.1 has a lot new great settings. Just make a backup with Link of your contacts and the install after finishing with Sachesi. Remember remove SD and SIM card when upload via Sachesi.
    03-22-15 01:08 PM
    Personally, I would reload your OS using Links and manually re-add your contacts, personalization, etc to ensure that no corrupted files are added after the reinstall.
    After researching a bit on BlackBerry community forums, I found out the back up made from corrupt OS won't restore on a fine 10.3 OS.. So I guess I'll loose everything either way..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:09 AM