Don’t really know what else to say.....?
    09-09-18 03:28 PM
    Don’t really know what else to say.....?
    If it's there regardless of what you are displaying, then it's a defect in the LCD panel.

Send it in for a warranty fix or replacement.
    09-09-18 09:30 PM
    Thanks Joel....though how I cope in its absence I’m not sure!
    09-10-18 01:11 AM
    it's got worse. Now I have a fine green line down the screen too. Anyone else experienced these problems?

AND - yesterday the battery wasn't great. Today it was empty after 8 hours of intermittent email, a few photos, no calls, a tiny bit of Web browsing. I have all the battery saving wotsits turned on. This can't be right?
    09-10-18 11:53 AM
    it's got worse. Now I have a fine green line down the screen too. Anyone else experienced these problems?

AND - yesterday the battery wasn't great. Today it was empty after 8 hours of intermittent email, a few photos, no calls, a tiny bit of Web browsing. I have all the battery saving wotsits turned on. This can't be right?
    You should really bring it back while it’s under warranty!
    09-10-18 11:54 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1155388

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    09-10-18 12:56 PM

Why are you still messing with it. Get it exchanged.
    bobshine likes this.
    09-10-18 02:03 PM
    I will, but at present I’m travelling so not possible. I’d still be interested to know if others have had similar problems?
    09-11-18 04:21 AM
    I will, but at present I’m travelling so not possible. I’d still be interested to know if others have had similar problems?
    09-11-18 06:15 AM
    My phone is on contract with VodaFone UK. I’ve had it less than 3 weeks. So far today I’ve been on the phone to them for almost 3 hours. I have been passed from pillar to post, left on hold for up to 30 minutes at a time. Every time I believe we have a solution they put me on hold again and the next person to come on the line knows nothing. It’s utterly appalling. My advice? Don’t go to VodaFone I& you can possibly help it. Here I am with a seriously faulty brand new device which I’m committed to paying for for 24 months and VF are doing everything they can to avoid sorting out the problem.
    09-11-18 06:20 AM
    My phone is on contract with VodaFone UK. I’ve had it less than 3 weeks. So far today I’ve been on the phone to them for almost 3 hours. I have been passed from pillar to post, left on hold for up to 30 minutes at a time. Every time I believe we have a solution they put me on hold again and the next person to come on the line knows nothing. It’s utterly appalling. My advice? Don’t go to VodaFone I& you can possibly help it. Here I am with a seriously faulty brand new device which I’m committed to paying for for 24 months and VF are doing everything they can to avoid sorting out the problem.
    As a fellow Vodafone customer I await the delivery of my KEY² on Saturday with much anxiety :-/ Hope you manage to get it sorted.

09-11-18 07:39 AM
    If your passport is still working ok I’d cancel and wait until a) they’ve sorted all the build problems out b) another BB service provider comes into the UK marketplace so we have a choice. I’ve been at o2 and it’s predecessors since my first car phone in 1988...I’ve never changed service provider until now, and only now because my 7 series 9720 which I still adore has had so many services, including yahoo email, shutdown, that it’s unworkable. Hence the Key2. No trackpad and a lot of other workaday issues (see my other posts) but still a zillion times better than iPhone because of pkb. But not with all these build/Voda nightmares.
    09-11-18 08:19 AM
    I've seen all the posts on here about the wobbly spacebar issues and was willing to take a gamble on that, but I haven't seen that many posts on screen defects such as what you're experiencing. My Passport is beginning to frustrate me because the web browser denies certain websites due to out of date or lack of security certificates. Since my KEY² is already with the courier i'll see what turns up. What looks to be most annoying is not so much the defects themselves but the hoops that some people have to jump through for repairs/replacements depending on where they bought their device from.

09-11-18 11:59 AM
    I've seen all the posts on here about the wobbly spacebar issues and was willing to take a gamble on that, but I haven't seen that many posts on screen defects such as what you're experiencing. My Passport is beginning to frustrate me because the web browser denies certain websites due to out of date or lack of security certificates. Since my KEY² is already with the courier i'll see what turns up. What looks to be most annoying is not so much the defects themselves but the hoops that some people have to jump through for repairs/replacements depending on where they bought their device from.

The key is to buy a phone via normal local channels...

Seems to be better via a retailer than a carrier....

My guess is while there are issues, they are a small number of KEY2 users.
    09-11-18 01:58 PM
    The key is to buy a phone via normal local channels...

Seems to be better via a retailer than a carrier....

My guess is while there are issues, they are a small number of KEY2 users.
    Local retailers for me would have meant:

Carphone Warehouse - they had a KEYone fixed to their KEY² display stand and would not have given me as good a contract deal.
    Currys PC World and John Lewis - would have meant paying outright for the phone and then having my contract set up on top, could work out really expensive.
    Vodafone shop in the highstreet - wasn't sure if they'd offer me the same deal as their upgrade guy over the phone but maybe I should have tried that route.

Anyway, fingers crossed. A friend of mine had a Huawei (don't know the model) which he swore by for just over a year when it got stuck in a bootloop and died. I guess bad luck can happen to anyone.

Bla1ze likes this.
    09-11-18 04:56 PM
    None of the retail outlets have the foggiest about Key2, and except for Selfridges none have one in store that you can actually handle. Most staff, including in the VF flagship on Oxford St still think Blackberry went out of business.
    09-12-18 09:07 AM
    None of the retail outlets have the foggiest about Key2, and except for Selfridges none have one in store that you can actually handle. Most staff, including in the VF flagship on Oxford St still think Blackberry went out of business.
    Or Carphone Warehouse on Friday 12th October 2018. Both outlets at lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock, Essex UK.
    Both stores carry between 4 and 6 phones as routine. Most of carphone warehouse's blackberry sales are online.
    Fine red vertical line down the screen of my brand new Key2...very irritating....what is it?-img_20181012_1617387.jpeg
    10-13-18 01:38 AM
    LCD line out is not uncommon defect if it is not root out at factory level (or for what ever the reason, you stress the unit in usage). if it is factory level, usually, you got hint of problem by observe the LCD by driving all white at full brightness and all black on the screen, you can see uniformity of the LCD, if there are darker line or lighter lines. at darker mode, you can also count stuck on pixels (red dot for example). Those are not defect if they scatter around (if 5-6 pixel stuck in cluster, you can consider a defect). those non-uniformity lines usually will fail one way or the other upon usage (high resistance line... upon heating, it might become open)... OP, go get your unit exchanged, unless you want to do the screen replacement yourself - I don't see a point of do so, since it is under warrantee... don't mess around - you don't want carrier tell you it is due to "user abuse". best of luck.
    10-13-18 05:25 AM
    The red line was joined by a green line and a yellow line. After a great deal of hassle and hours and hours and hours on the phone to them I gave VodaFone the defective device back. Being Voda that wasn’t the end of the horror story, but I won’t bore you with any more. O2 aren’t perfect but my God, at the side of Voda they’re a dream ticket.
    11-01-18 03:39 PM