Hi guys,
    I have a Blackberry Z10. My device memory is running low,so I want to transfer my files to my computer and then delete them from my phone. I have installed the link,and have done a full backup. So I have three questions...
    1. How do I get to see what has been backed up and what hasn't on the computer?
    2. Does me backing the data up on the computer mean I can retrieve it and view it on my computer?
    3. If not,how do I manually transfer the data to my computer so that I can get it later,even transfer it back to my phone later if I want to?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:29 PM
    When you plug your device into your PC, you can see your device as a drive, and you can quickly navigate the different folders from your Z10. Simply copy/paste them to your PC.
    11-05-14 02:35 PM
    3. When you connect your device to the PC, via Link, you should see the device mapped as "Z" in Windows Explorer.
    There, you can drag/drop your files into the subfolders, video, music, docs, eetc. Save those to a file/directory on your pc, and there you go, you have a copy just in case things go wonky.

2. I don't think so, it should be listed as a backup file/directory and I would not mess with it.

1. See number 2 above...
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-05-14 02:37 PM
    1. How do I get to see what has been backed up and what hasn't on the computer?
    Link will backup whatever you tell it to backup. You won't see anything but a .bbb file, which is encrypted and should not be messed with.

2. Does me backing the data up on the computer mean I can retrieve it and view it on my computer?
    Yes and no. You can restore the data to you phone at any time you feel like it, but you are not allowed to manipulate the content of the backup file in any way.

3. If not,how do I manually transfer the data to my computer so that I can get it later,even transfer it back to my phone later if I want to?
    What do you mean by data? Apps, settings and emails? You back them up and that's that.

Posted via CB10
    If you mean data as in your media files, just plug your device to Link and move all media contect (movies, pictures, voice notes) from the internal memory to the PC.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-11-14 at 08:31 AM.
    11-05-14 02:48 PM
    Okay so I have been trying to do that,copying the file manually,but its still not transfering the files

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:40 PM
    Reboot everything and try different USB/USB port/stable surface.
    11-11-14 08:32 AM