Hi, please I need help guys: I'm on the verge of throwing my BlackBerry Z10 out the window!
    Since the - forced - update I can not seem to disable keyboard sounds at all! I tried sliding the sound to off but there is still a very hearable sound whenever I type something. I hear it right now, when I type in BBM or Whatsapp etc.
    Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Like I said: the slider in settings / language and input / feedback is lowered to - what I interpret at - zero, so I really don't get why the phone is still making these annoying sounds!
    The only option is to place the phone in silence-mode but that cannot be the only solution, I mean it worked just fine until yesterday, before the update!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 05:23 AM
    have you rebooted since the update?
    Sometimes OTA updates are bad. That's all we see here on the boards. You might better download the files and update it yourself as mine does not do this.
    03-18-15 05:27 AM
    Yes, I rebooted once because even after clicking the read emails weren't marked as read.
    I'm going to try again. Fingers crossed. Thx

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 05:28 AM
    Unfortunately even after the reboot the sounds are still not off...

any other ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 05:36 AM
    This version 10.3.1.1779 of the OS has the same bug on my phone. It is really annoying.
    How can a setting value of zero not be zero...

"You might better download the files and update it yourself as mine does not do this."
    Any option to do such a thing without a windows pc / mac?
    03-18-15 02:03 PM
    Awesome... so apparently my answer just disappeared...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:57 PM
    here goes nothing:

My only solution for the keyboard sound problems at this time is:
    create a custom profile and turn the slider for "audio" in the first screen to off. then manually reset the audio for all the other apps like phone, whatsapp, bbm etc.
    it's a drag but it solves the issue, no more annoying keyboard sounds. you will however always see a little crossed out bell right next to the battery on your screen, as the phone thinks you activated a mute profile. so be careful to change the profile via the shortcuts to an actual "silent" profile before heading into a meeting, school etc.
    Quick guide to custom profiles Click me
    It is very important that you create a silent profile - with the crossed out bell - and then manually OVERRIDE the audio settings one-by-one, otherwise the keyboard sounds will still be hearable!

I really hope BB will resolve this issue asap!
    How could I manually load another version, like jeydee suggested? Which version would I need to load?
    03-18-15 05:11 PM
    Awesome... so apparently my answer just disappeared...

Posted via CB10

Not disappeared, it was in the moderation queue. HOWEVER since you posted a slightly different, but close enough version I ended up deleting it, instead of approving it. Sorry about that. It happens because of your low post count, BUT you should be ok now.
    ZizzyLizzy likes this.
    03-18-15 06:15 PM
    Not disappeared, it was in the moderation queue. HOWEVER since you posted a slightly different, but close enough version I ended up deleting it, instead of approving it. Sorry about that. It happens because of your low post count, BUT you should be ok now.
    aaaah! thx for clearing that up!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-18-15 06:36 PM