Since December 1st all Canadian Carriers have been forced to sell unlocked devices (about time) Are these phones still bound to the carrier update schedule?

The reason I ask is that I waited MONTHS for my KEYone to be available unlocked. And got it as soon as it came available (unlocked). 6 months later BlackBerry Motion releases the Motion. I immediately purchased one from Koodo for my mom. It shows up as a telus device. However it got the December update almost immediately, and BEFORE I got the update on my factory unlocked KEYone.

Now I know that they are different models, but still that update was quick, and since when is Telus that fast?

So my question for you Bla1ze is: Can you please confirm if the new phones are still bound to their carrier update schedules?

Thx
    01-12-18 10:38 PM
    So my question for you Bla1ze is: Can you please confirm if the new phones are still bound to their carrier update schedules?
    A carrier device is still a carrier device and it has been 'marked' as such in more ways than just its unlocked status and yes, they're still bound to carrier update schedules.
    BBPandy likes this.
    01-13-18 12:19 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply
    01-13-18 04:29 AM