BlackBerry Facebook is just waste of time if you click on a feed it open through web browser.
    My point is that whatsapp is of Facebook and thay are giving updates very fast and resolves bugs very fast but why thay are not making any Facebook app for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:43 PM
    BlackBerry Facebook is just waste of time if you click on a feed it open through web browser.
    My point is that whatsapp is of Facebook and thay are giving updates very fast and resolves bugs very fast but why thay are not making any Facebook app for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry makes the facebook app
    Not sure, but pretty sure whatsapp isn't done by BlackBerry (I think BlackBerry does or did help them though.. openwhatsapp debacle)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-27-15 02:23 PM
    So why Facebook is not by facebook inc. Why from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:07 PM
    So why Facebook is not by facebook inc. Why from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Because Facebook probably doesn't want to make the BlackBerry app themselves, due to the low marketshare of Bb10. Windows Phone had the same problem up to a few months ago.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    nah.uhh likes this.
    04-28-15 02:11 PM
    Because Facebook probably doesn't want to make the BlackBerry app themselves, due to the low marketshare of Bb10. Windows Phone had the same problem up to a few months ago.

His point is why would they make the whatsapp app, if they won't make the Facebook app? If market share was an issue, they wouldn't even develop whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:13 PM
    His point is why would they make the whatsapp app, if they won't make the Facebook app? If market share was an issue, they wouldn't even develop whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    That's an easier one to answer, I guess

When BB10 was released, Whatsapp was one of the apps that was not going to make an app for BlackBerry 10. There came a whole issue with an unofficial OpenWhatsapp app and then Whatsapp decided to make a BB10 app after all.

It all lies in the nature of the Whatsapp business model I guess. Whatsapp's business model seems to be more about supporting most of the operating systems out there, as can be seen by their continued support of Symbian. They made the BB10 app before the acquisition and they are still an independent company within Facebook, or so they say. That means that their business model should be fairly untouched and that they just have a bigger company to back them up with cash. Hence the continued support of BB10.

nah.uhh likes this.
    04-28-15 02:30 PM
    That's an easier one to answer, I guess

When BB10 was released, Whatsapp was one of the apps that was not going to make an app for BlackBerry 10. There came a whole issue with an unofficial OpenWhatsapp app and then Whatsapp decided to make a BB10 app after all.

It all lies in the nature of the Whatsapp business model I guess. Whatsapp's business model seems to be more about supporting most of the operating systems out there, as can be seen by their continued support of Symbian. They made the BB10 app before the acquisition and they are still an independent company within Facebook, or so they say. That means that their business model should be fairly untouched and that they just have a bigger company to back them up with cash. Hence the continued support of BB10.

Dead on! Remember the days before BB10, when there was the clamoring that whatsapp was a must have?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:51 PM