If I purchase a use Blackberry Classic can I restore a backup to it if the backup s from another Blackberry Classic? My old Classic is inoperable and I need to retrieve the contacts, but all I can get to is a back up on my work station. Will the used Classic have to be activated to do this? I am thinking not since I just need to see the contacts for now, and export them for formatting for other devices like IOS or Android.
    09-07-20 02:54 PM
    If I purchase a use Blackberry Classic can I restore a backup to it if the backup s from another Blackberry Classic? My old Classic is inoperable and I need to retrieve the contacts, but all I can get to is a back up on my work station. Will the used Classic have to be activated to do this? I am thinking not since I just need to see the contacts for now, and export them for formatting for other devices like IOS or Android.
    It needs to have the same BBID, and equivalent or newer OS version on it as the old Classic. Otherwise shouldn't be a problem.
    09-07-20 04:59 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Interesting. I thought the BBID is tied to the phone from the factory, but are you suggesting I can add it to the one I buy? I will research this. I can make sure I have the OS matched one way or another. Thanks.
    09-07-20 05:53 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Interesting. I thought the BBID is tied to the phone from the factory, but are you suggesting I can add it to the one I buy? I will research this. I can make sure I have the OS matched one way or another. Thanks.
    Yes, you can put any BBID on it. Do you remember which one you used on the old Classic? The username is an email address...
    09-08-20 05:29 AM
    Yes, I believe I have the BBID documented. Thank you!
    09-08-20 08:11 AM