I use the paid version of BlackBerry Hub+ on Android and starting today events that I entered in the BB calendar under my primary email address no longer appear. This is happening with both past and future events. Events entered under other accounts associated with the BB calendar still do appear, however. Since I use my primary email address to enter most all events, there's a ton of stuff now missing.

The circle under the email address in the Accounts section is selected. I have tried to sync the calendar, deleted and reinstalled the BB calendar app, and even deleted and readded the primary email address to the Hub, all without success. There doesn't seem to be any other issues with this email address with regards to other BB Hub+ apps. I am receiving emails just fine in the Hub, for example. The only issue seems to be with the BB calendar.

I am running the most recent version of the BB calendar app and Hub services (2.2318.1.231802592 updated May 10, 2023) and Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Any suggestions for a fix?
    Thanks.
    06-07-23 09:03 PM
    I use the paid version of BlackBerry Hub+ on Android and starting today events that I entered in the BB calendar under my primary email address no longer appear. This is happening with both past and future events. Events entered under other accounts associated with the BB calendar still do appear, however. Since I use my primary email address to enter most all events, there's a ton of stuff now missing.

The circle under the email address in the Accounts section is selected. I have tried to sync the calendar, deleted and reinstalled the BB calendar app, and even deleted and readded the primary email address to the Hub, all without success. There doesn't seem to be any other issues with this email address with regards to other BB Hub+ apps. I am receiving emails just fine in the Hub, for example. The only issue seems to be with the BB calendar.

I am running the most recent version of the BB calendar app and Hub services (2.2318.1.231802592 updated May 10, 2023) and Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Any suggestions for a fix?
    Thanks.
    Switch to a solution that has had feature updates after 2018?
    06-07-23 09:25 PM
    Not sure what you mean. The app was last updated in May.
    06-07-23 09:46 PM
    Not sure what you mean. The app was last updated in May.
    Only for bug fixes related to newer OSes.

The BlackBerry Suite has been developmentally dead for 5 years.
    06-07-23 09:47 PM
    Only for bug fixes related to newer OSes.

The BlackBerry Suite has been developmentally dead for 5 years.
    This wouldn't help fix the problem or recover my lost calendar events, but thanks for your input.
    06-07-23 10:58 PM
    This wouldn't help fix the problem or recover my lost calendar events, but thanks for your input.
    That's the point though. There aren't usually fixes for these kinds of things, because the software is so hopelessly outdated.

You've tried about everything you can.
    06-07-23 11:00 PM
    That's the point though. There aren't usually fixes for these kinds of things, because the software is so hopelessly outdated.

You've tried about everything you can.
    The fact that it hasn't stopped working altogether, only for this one email address, makes me hold out hope that it's a setting I need to change or update or something similar. The Hub otherwise works just fine for email, texts, etc. It's only this one email address in the calendar that has started acting up earlier today.
    06-07-23 11:13 PM
    The fact that it hasn't stopped working altogether, only for this one email address, makes me hold out hope that it's a setting I need to change or update or something similar. The Hub otherwise works just fine for email, texts, etc. It's only this one email address in the calendar that has started acting up earlier today.

If it's a Google Account... others are having issues as well. It's not just you, it's changes that Google has made that seems to be the issue. Can hope this is something they will fix, or others find a work around... and it's not another case of outdated standards being phased out.

BlackBerry is not instituting new standards for syncing data with email, calendar or contacts, which is why most of enterprise stopped supporting it a few years ago. How long a few consumers will keep putting up with it's missing features??? Or how long it's still worth keeping it listed???
    06-08-23 07:08 AM
    If it's a Google Account... others are having issues as well. It's not just you, it's changes that Google has made that seems to be the issue. Can hope this is something they will fix, or others find a work around... and it's not another case of outdated standards being phased out.

BlackBerry is not instituting new standards for syncing data with email, calendar or contacts, which is why most of enterprise stopped supporting it a few years ago. How long a few consumers will keep putting up with it's missing features??? Or how long it's still worth keeping it listed???
    It’s not
    06-08-23 10:17 AM
    UPDATE:

I found a sort of work around. The email address in question is an old sbcglobal address, which is related to Yahoo (yes, I realize sbc is old, but that's the address the majority of my stuff is under. It's hell getting old and having old Internet histories ). Anyway, I checked the Yahoo calendar and fortunately all my events were still there. I was able to export it to my Google calendar (which I hate). But since my Google calendar is still synching with the BB calendar, all the events now appear. Yay!

Not ideal and still doesn't explain why the sbc address suddenly was no longer synching, but at least everything was recovered. The main thing was having access to upcoming appointments I had entered under this address, and this work around did that.

And yes, I'm considering moving on to newer technology.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
    06-08-23 12:22 PM