It happened twice now that while watching netflix the following notification popped up: Enter passkey for mobilemarketing.

Whenever I pressed cancel, it said:
    Transaction stopped for mobilemarketing

I am curious what is causing this since I haven't seen it before.

Any ideas?

I have tons of apps installed so it could be a few of them...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:08 PM
    You have a virus in the form of Adware!

Mobilemarketing is a Malware site!
    03-03-15 12:15 PM
    Hmmmm..... interested in finding out which app has given me that. At least it is asking for a passcode

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:34 PM
    Hmmmm..... interested in finding out which app has given me that. At least it is asking for a passcode

Posted via CB10
    Where do you download apps from? 1mobile, gplay, google searches, all of the above etc?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 12:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    NEVER EVER give out any information unless you are certain you know who's asking for it.
    Sites like these want as much info as they can get from you. This is how they hack you.

You said you got a flag when involved with Netflix so obviously you got this through Netflix.
    One of the easiest ways Cyber Criminals attack computers (and your Mobile device is a highly sophisticated computer)
    is through images and videos. it's not Netflix fault and they probably aren't even aware of it.

While Blackberry's security is excellent that's BlackBerry, not Android!
    Android has had mass attacks in the past and as cyber criminals become more "mobile" intelligent, we'll see more virus's.
    Norton, ESAT and several other companies now offer Mobile security.
    03-03-15 01:32 PM
    I mainly just use snap as well as the amazon app store and BBW.

I have currently 16 pages of apps installed and would like to know how I could go about finding the culprit within that maze of apps....

I bought max secure mobile when it was cheap as chips in the beginning and it didn't find anything.... Somehow confirms my belief that it has been just an overpriced "peace of mind" app

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:55 PM
    I mainly just use snap as well as the amazon app store and BBW.

I have currently 16 pages of apps installed and would like to know how I could go about finding the culprit within that maze of apps....

I bought max secure mobile when it was cheap as chips in the beginning and it didn't find anything.... Somehow confirms my belief that it has been just an overpriced "peace of mind" app

Posted via CB10
    Use snap to download and install an android antivirus. I don't know what the best are, but I've tried avast and cleanmaster before. Neither one broke my phone but beyond that I couldn't tell you if they actually work to remove viruses. Try them out.

There is also a anti malware bytes app. I'm a linux user now, but that was a favorite app of mine for windows.

03-03-15 02:02 PM
    16 pages of apps. Holy ****. Good luck in finding the needle in the haystack.
    03-03-15 02:11 PM
    Use snap to download and install an android antivirus. I don't know what the best are, but I've tried avast and cleanmaster before. Neither one broke my phone but beyond that I couldn't tell you if they actually work to remove viruses. Try them out.

There is also a anti malware bytes app. I'm a linux user now, but that was a favorite app of mine for windows.

Cheers!
    Gonna try some of them and let you know. I work for an IT security company and sadly BB10 is not supported by their MDM.... usually I am the one cleaning other people's pc from aware and malware...

Does anyone know why it keeps invoking the request for my passcode?

I am currently travelling a lot and am charging my phone off my corporate laptop when it's in standby in my laptop bag...

The Passport has great battery life but not when you're watching netflix with spotty reception...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:14 PM
    16 pages of apps. Holy ****. Good luck in finding the needle in the haystack.
    I open apps with the assistant... just typing the name ;-) one benefit of having a PKB

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:16 PM
    Cheers!
    Gonna try some of them and let you know. I work for an IT security company and sadly BB10 is not supported by their MDM.... usually I am the one cleaning other people's pc from aware and malware...

Does anyone know why it keeps invoking the request for my passcode?

I am currently travelling a lot and am charging my phone off my corporate laptop when it's in standby in my laptop bag...

The Passport has great battery life but not when you're watching netflix with spotty reception...

Posted via CB10
    The request for your passcode is something I've never seen before. Do you have any idea what passcode it would be asking for? I'm quite sure that It is not asking for your device password.

That being said, I would think the Popup is the phishing scam itself.

It's not so much netflix as much as it is android apps. Consistent use of android apps seems to cause some heating which in effect makes the battery drain faster.
    Hopefully the bb10 browser brings support for EME so that netflix via html5 will work in the browser.

03-03-15 02:19 PM
    All I found while searching the interwebs was passkey in conjunction with Bluetooth pairing.... hopefully it will pop up again and I will be able to make a screen cap....

My bluetooth is always on.... still does not explain the whole story.

Especially the error message afterwards stating "transaction stopped"

It makes me believe that it is trying to send an SMS rather than connecting to a server.....

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:32 PM
    WOW!! There are about 35 "known" brands of mobile security and anti-virus software out there.

I'd wipe it and use a back up.
    Anyway, I'll be interested to see how you finally solve this issue and I DO hope you do.
    Please report here for future reference.

I'll be interested to see how far off I was!
    03-04-15 10:27 AM
    The issue didn't happen again so far.... I am going to play around with my Classic until the weekend.

I just want to find the cause for others since it seems to be an interesting case....

If you have any idea how I can get to the bottom of the issue, please let me know.

While writing this, I have received the following text message:
    +1(248)79-60679
    fl4p.co/ukbonus/0uSwk

It translates to:

http://bonusmobi.com/uk/

Enter passkey for mobilemarketing?-img_20150304_181251.png

Seems like my hunch with sending text messages has been right..... I will check my carrier billing for it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-04-15 12:17 PM