Hello everyone ! A few days ago BBM was discontinued. Altough it's replacement BBMe has been announced, it doesnt seem to be available for my BB10 (Passport), only for Android and iOs . The issue i'm having is that after an OS reload, most native communication/serarch apps won't work anymore as they require BBM to be configured. This is obviously an issue as BBM's servers are out for good.
    I'm happy to use only the native productivity apps in the BB World, but that is not possible anymore. Not interested in the Android app sideloading as the experience is simply horrible.
    The question is: Is there a way to bypass BBM to regain full use of the native apps that require it ? Will i ever be able to use my Passport at it's fullest, or is it going to the bin ?
    Thanks
    06-03-19 04:44 AM
    Hello everyone ! A few days ago BBM was discontinued. Altough it's replacement BBMe has been announced, it doesnt seem to be available for my BB10 (Passport), only for Android and iOs . The issue i'm having is that after an OS reload, most native communication/serarch apps won't work anymore as they require BBM to be configured. This is obviously an issue as BBM's servers are out for good.
    I'm happy to use only the native productivity apps in the BB World, but that is not possible anymore. Not interested in the Android app sideloading as the experience is simply horrible.
    The question is: Is there a way to bypass BBM to regain full use of the native apps that require it ? Will i ever be able to use my Passport at it's fullest, or is it going to the bin ?
    Thanks
    I'm not having any issues with BBMc for BB10. You should be able to just sign back in with your credentials. They haven't announced the shutdown of BB10 BBMc...yet.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-03-19 06:31 AM
    Thanks
    Only Emtek BBM for Android and iOS was discontinued.
    06-03-19 07:13 AM
    Meanwhile, i keep getting 'temporary server error' message. Tried everything !
    06-04-19 08:02 AM
    I found an answer eventally BBMc and BBMe are dead for good on the Blackberry Passport altough it runs on other BB10 devices
    06-04-19 08:33 AM
    I found an answer eventally BBMc and BBMe are dead for good on the Blackberry Passport altough it runs on other BB10 devices
    It runs fine on Classic and Passport. Use the standard BBM.
    06-04-19 12:26 PM
    Not true.
    06-04-19 01:35 PM
    It's a reality for me though. Not sure where to look for help.
    06-04-19 02:52 PM
    It's a reality for me though. Not sure where to look for help.
    Curious, was your BBID ever migrated over to Android BBM and then back? If it was, it might be your problem...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 05:15 PM
    My friend has the same problem. He kept on getting the error notice on his passport. But yeah good point I will ask him if he used the same bbid in his android bbm. This is really helpful.

On the other hand, why is it that when I try to search for channels and groups in bbm classic I get network failure notifs? My bad, after my ios and android bbm closed I turned to my ever faithful classic for bbm and this happened. Maybe it's mad at me?"lol. Wish I had more people to talk to in bbm tho. At present its only me )

Posted via CB10
    06-16-19 10:11 PM