Hey guys,
    I just wanted to ask a short question about your experience with encryption!
    I have my SD card and my device memory encrypted at the moment, and I know how the concept works with on the fly en/decryption!
    I'm experiencing some issues and I just wanted to know if those are related to the encrpytion or if it's just a general issue!

1.) when recording video, the device gets really hot on the side after a few minutes (this should be due to the greater processor demand because of the additional encryption)
    2.) the music app sometimes randomly closes or gives the messages, that it has to be shut down.
    3.) the start up is prolonged in comparison to normal use
    4.) and when I start, I use a picture password, but it doesn't show for about 5 minutes, during this time the device is stuck at a semi-login-screen!
    5.) this can happen during use too, that the device lock kicks in and I'm not able to unlock it immediately because the picture password won't show up for a few minutes, I can perform the unlock gesture and there is part of the unlock animation, but the picture password won't show, so I cannot get into the phone, the solution is always to simply wait!

Do you guys think that I can attribute all ofthose problems to encryption or are some simply bugs in the OS!
    Because I can live with greater loading times, but especially the restarting of apps and the blocked login sometimes go on my nerves!

As reference, I use the Blackberry Passport (now on 10.3.1 but the problems happened also at 10.3.0).

Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:51 AM
    These seem like bugs, especially the lock screen and the music app.... the device getting hotter is just as you guessed - normal. Do you have the issues when your SD card is not encrypted? My device and SD card are encrypted and haven't had those bugs so far.

Picture PW does take a little longer though...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:02 AM
    To be honest, I cant remember, I have my Blackberry 10 devices encrypted for the last year or so!
    I just would have guessed that the music app maybe has some time constraints on how long the decoding of the media file should take to provide smooth playback and if the device cannot decrypt and decode fast enough, it gets treated as "not responding" and the app is shut down, but that's just my theory!

But that's just a minor annoyance, the thing, that bugs me most, is when the picture password won't appear for some time and won't let me into the device! Sometimes, the device will then show the device password after some time instead and the picture password shows up as an active frame, that just can be canceled!

Thanks for your input!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:13 AM
    I mainly had this behaviour on my Z30 when I used a slow SD card, unable to save full HD video from the camera....

It was quite quick with showing me the device pin screen.... usually I just turned the screen on and off via the button and all was well...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:24 AM
    It's a grade 10 64 gb sd card from san disk, so that should not really be the problem, but who knows

Anyway, thanks for your help, maybe a future software update will fix that problem for me!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:26 AM
    What OS version do you have? PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 is giving me no grief at all... especially the flickering screen is gone

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:32 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1565, that's the official carrier software release that's available in Austria!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:12 AM
    And the flickering never occurred for me, fortunately!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:12 AM
    Follow the instructions and get the latest OS.... you find it in the Leak Forum.

Dann is alles Leiwand.

Add me on BBM: warlack ( yes, it is a customised Pin)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:28 AM
    Haha, dankeschn!

I'll think about that, I had a few problems in the past with leaks and since then I stuck with the official release versions! But maybe it's worth a shot!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:02 AM