Iphone has Signal and Android Redphone. Are there encrypted phone calling solutions for the blackberry? Especially one that's cross-platform.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:20 PM
    Not that i would trust for encryption. Everything from Skype to BBM has the ability to be decrypted by official authorities.
    02-16-15 08:51 PM
    BlackBerry acquired Secusmart and the technology is in their hands. Where they offer it I'm not sure but there are BlackBerry phones with it. For example Merko in Germany has.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 11:07 PM
    Not that i would trust for encryption. Everything from Skype to BBM has the ability to be decrypted by official authorities.
    Have you tested RedPhone for Android on a BlackBerry? We tried their latest version against iPhone's Signal app (which is RedPhone but for the iPhone) and there were some issues. I think the other party couldn't hear me, but I could hear them, or the other way around. Been a while.

If we could find a way to sort out those issues, maybe we could get RedPhone to work?
    02-17-15 06:38 AM
    Have you tested RedPhone for Android on a BlackBerry? We tried their latest version against iPhone's Signal app (which is RedPhone but for the iPhone) and there were some issues. I think the other party couldn't hear me, but I could hear them, or the other way around. Been a while.

If we could find a way to sort out those issues, maybe we could get RedPhone to work?
    Good question, I haven't myself! But I don't use my phones for voice much...

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-17-15 08:51 PM
    It turns out Redphone uses a google service (GCN). So claims a thread on whisper's forum. That leaves bb10 users with Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:43 AM
    https://www.seecrypt.com/

I noticed this in BlackBerry World. It is a pay service, but relatively cheap. No first hand knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    R3d13 likes this.
    03-02-15 03:27 AM
    The audio problem is caused by an UDP socket error. I was able to fix this issue. Have a look at the end of the "Develop Whispersystems apps for BB10" thread.
    03-08-16 06:40 PM
    The audio problem is caused by an UDP socket error. I was able to fix this issue. Have a look at the end of the "Develop Whispersystems apps for BB10" thread.
    Thank you for trying to help, even considering how old this thread is. I looked at your post, though, and I have no interest in installing anything google related on my phone, patched or otherwise. By the way, have you tried Seecrypt, and if so, what are your thoughts?
    03-14-16 04:27 AM
    Thank you for trying to help, even considering how old this thread is. I looked at your post, though, and I have no interest in installing anything google related on my phone, patched or otherwise. By the way, have you tried Seecrypt, and if so, what are your thoughts?
    Seecrypt is proprietary software. Furthermore I can't find any documentation about key exchange, used protocols or anything else.
    Sorry, but I don't trust Seecrypt! Encryption software without transparency is a no go for me.
    Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) is something that I can live with. I switched from Cobalt's pre-patched Google Play Services to microG because it simply works much better with Signal and your BB is still free from Google apps.
    03-20-16 03:12 PM
    Whatsapp.

LOLz!
    04-06-16 04:37 PM
    I believe you can purchase an elevated encryption level for BBM that RIM claims even they can't defeat. Thought this was the reason Saudi, India and Pakistan wanted to boot them out.

Encrypted, secure mobile messaging ? BBM Protected - Canada
    04-09-16 09:12 AM