Odd one this. I stopped being able to receive or send emails on my Blackberry 9900 (yes I know it's ancient!) about a week ago. Internet, calls and texts still work. It wouldn't allow me to set up email, saying it couldn't connect to server. Thinking it was a hardware problem, I dug out another unlocked 9900 and set it up, to find that it required Blackberry Enterprise activation. Without that I can't set up my email accounts. (I don't know the history of this phone and have no Enterprise password). A factory wipe didn't help.

So in the end I thought I would do a factory reset on my original phone. It did indeed wipe but in order to set up the emails again it too now requires a Blackberry Enterprise activation password. This phone has never been on Blackberry Enterprise or linked to Blackberry Enterprise in any way so I have no idea why it should now, after years of no problem use, be asking for an Enterprise password... Anyone have any ideas?
    04-18-20 04:45 AM
    Odd one this. I stopped being able to receive or send emails on my Blackberry 9900 (yes I know it's ancient!) about a week ago. Internet, calls and texts still work. It wouldn't allow me to set up email, saying it couldn't connect to server. Thinking it was a hardware problem, I dug out another unlocked 9900 and set it up, to find that it required Blackberry Enterprise activation. Without that I can't set up my email accounts. (I don't know the history of this phone and have no Enterprise password). A factory wipe didn't help.

So in the end I thought I would do a factory reset on my original phone. It did indeed wipe but in order to set up the emails again it too now requires a Blackberry Enterprise activation password. This phone has never been on Blackberry Enterprise or linked to Blackberry Enterprise in any way so I have no idea why it should now, after years of no problem use, be asking for an Enterprise password... Anyone have any ideas?
    Sounds as if your carrier has dropped support for BIS and you're on regular data so it doesn't really matter. There are threads here that better explain but I think you end up at the end of the road either way.
    04-18-20 07:37 AM