I called EE this am and they said Blackberry discontinued the service, however I have found an e-mail from EE on here saying they have stopped the service. If the latter is true, does anyone know if any U.K. mobile phone provider still supports e-mails for blackberry bold? I am crushed about this :-(((( I fee like I am forced to buy a new (big screen) phone which I do not want :-( I love about the bold that it's small and of course, the keyboard and that I don't have to touch a screen. I have also tried to call blackberry this a.m. but have been given a complete run around - no live person and RPA that just says (after giving you several options, complete and utter time waste) to go to the website and 'good-bye' and hang up on you - absolutely freaking hostile and ferocious "service"
    12-02-19 09:00 AM
    So, when you call EE, do they tell you that they no longer offer "BlackBerry Internet Service" (BIS). That's the name of the required service. BlackBerry definitely still offers it, but carriers can choose to drop it if they wish.

I'm in the US, so I'm not familiar with EE and their services.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-02-19 09:09 AM
    So, when you call EE, do they tell you that they no longer offer "BlackBerry Internet Service" (BIS). That's the name of the required service. BlackBerry definitely still offers it, but carriers can choose to drop it if they wish.
    They killed it back on Halloween - https://crackberry.com/ee-shutdown-b...ice-october-31
    12-02-19 09:11 AM
    Thanks, Bla1ze!
    @sunyla, All you can do is call other carriers and ask if they still offer plans that include BlackBerry Internet Service.

12-02-19 09:14 AM
    As of today, Vodafone's login page for BIS is still up. You could call them and ask, but make sure they haven't already announced an end date before switching services!

12-02-19 09:20 AM
    The next thing you may want to look at is the Blackberry Classic which will give you a better experience than the Bold.
    12-02-19 09:37 AM
    Thank you, I have already contacted virgin mobile (it was a no), talk talk (their system was down), so will try vodafone asap. Not sure about the Classic - I even have another brand-new bold in stock which I cannot use now and who knows how long EE will support os10, on the other hand the classic is just 30 GBP on Amazon and the Keyone is beyond 200 GBP
    12-02-19 09:54 AM
    Might spend some time here and learn a little about the Classic....

It uses a BlackBerry OS that is EOL at the end of the month and is no longer in development, I'm not sure jumping from one sinking boat to another sinking boat is a good idea. Unless you fully understand what the limitation are and might be going forward. It will work past the end of the year....

There are ways to use a BlackBerry without BIS... but it's getting very hard. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ut-bis-996682/
    12-02-19 11:02 AM
    Thank you, I have already contacted virgin mobile (it was a no), talk talk (their system was down), so will try vodafone asap. Not sure about the Classic - I even have another brand-new bold in stock which I cannot use now and who knows how long EE will support os10, on the other hand the classic is just 30 GBP on Amazon and the Keyone is beyond 200 GBP
    As the master @Dunt Dunt Dunt says, jumping from Titanic into lifeboat with a hole in the side isn’t much.

The Classic doesn’t require BIS as it uses standard phone data plans.

However, BB10 is also EOL as of 12/31/2019 but devices will still function as far as backend services go for some unknown period of time until backend services eventually breakdown. That’s why even the Classic is so low priced.
    12-02-19 11:42 AM
    So it looks like Vodafone UK still supports BIS for an extra 5 GBP on top of the plan per month. I'll call them to make sure. If so, I'll change my plan and live happily ever after with my bolds, lol :-) It is already awful to be constantly laughed at all around for using a blackberry, but yeah Titanic into life boat with a hole sounds rather depressing. If all things fail I might get my head around the idea of getting a blackberry keyone/Android
    12-02-19 11:59 AM
    So it looks like Vodafone UK still supports BIS for an extra 5 GBP on top of the plan per month. I'll call them to make sure. If so, I'll change my plan and live happily ever after with my bolds, lol :-) It is already awful to be constantly laughed at all around for using a blackberry, but yeah Titanic into life boat with a hole sounds rather depressing. If all things fail I might get my head around the idea of getting a blackberry keyone/Android
    When/if you do eventually decide to move to a DroidBerry, you might find yourself wondering why you kept holding on to that Bold for so long
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-02-19 12:06 PM
    When/if you do eventually decide to move to a DroidBerry, you might find yourself wondering why you kept holding on to that Bold for so long
    If you're interested in using apps beyond what comes stock on your device, I would seriously consider a move to either iPhone or Android for your next phone, especially if BlackBerry World is shuttered on Dec. 31, which is what has been announced.

On the other hand, if you, like me, are chiefly interested in the core BlackBerry apps that come installed on your phone, then I would continue to enjoy your Bold until you can't get BIS, then consider a switch to BB10, which is much better than Android or iPhone for those traditional BlackBerry tasks, IMO.

I'm a technology omnivore and like something about every mobile platform out there, but BlackBerry in 2020 is going to be for fans who want to keep things as simple as possible.

Just make absolutely sure there is no information on your phone that you don't back up regularly. Because BBOS or BB10 could stop working at any time.

12-02-19 12:39 PM
    Not being mean but you’ve practically missed the whole BBAndroid thing. If you think you’d want a Key2, you should get it now as I doubt they’ll be offered much longer. The Key2 is running Oreo in a Pie and Android 10 environment.
    12-02-19 12:41 PM
    It's fine. Would the Key1 also be o.k., though? Some reviewers say there is hardly any difference and I use it for business/e-mails mostly, so not much data. From not even wanting a new phone to suddenly dropping 600 GBP is too much of a leap
    12-02-19 01:12 PM
    Not being mean but you’ve practically missed the whole BBAndroid thing. If you think you’d want a Key2, you should get it now as I doubt they’ll be offered much longer. The Key2 is running Oreo in a Pie and Android 10 environment.
    He's been OK with BBOS all these years....

I don't know the Carrier situation in the UK, but here in the US I wouldn't change carrier just because of a phone. Heck even AT&T doesn't cover my house nor inside my work building (not as big of a deal with WiFi calling).
    12-02-19 02:23 PM
    It's fine. Would the Key1 also be o.k., though? Some reviewers say there is hardly any difference and I use it for business/e-mails mostly, so not much data. From not even wanting a new phone to suddenly dropping 600 GBP is too much of a leap
    The KEYone is just fine in 2020, especially if you were able to get by with a freaking BBOS 7 device until now!!

But while you're at it, skip the silver and get the black edition BBB100-2
    12-02-19 09:01 PM
    The Key2 is running Oreo in a Pie and Android 10 environment.
    better to have Oreo even in 2023 than BBOS/BB10 in 2019 lol
    12-02-19 09:02 PM
    better to have Oreo even in 2023 than BBOS/BB10 in 2019 lol
    I'd say it would be the opposite. Better to have BB10 in 2023 than Android 14 in 2019!

12-02-19 09:37 PM
    I'm a she! Thank you for all comments. I have changed my mind - I don't want to change carrier, I don' t want to pay extra money just to get BIS, I think this is where it stops for me. I'll get the Keyone - soon. boom.
    12-03-19 07:30 AM
    I'll get the Keyone
    Good idea. Just try to get your hands on a Black Edition BBB100-2 model (single SIM) since you're in the UK.

Avoid the dual SIM BBB100-7 which is the Indian one, but they look exactly the same externally.

On a regular Black Edition KEYone, the box will show Black Edition in white lettering.

On the Indian one, it will say Limited Edition Black in shiny grey lettering.
    12-03-19 08:58 AM
    I'm a she! Thank you for all comments. I have changed my mind - I don't want to change carrier, I don' t want to pay extra money just to get BIS, I think this is where it stops for me. I'll get the Keyone - soon. boom.
    Sorry for any of us that assumed gender. Here’s wishing good luck with your decisions!!!!
    12-03-19 09:12 AM
    Wow you are so unique like the Internet Explorer!
    Good luck with your new device.
    12-03-19 11:09 AM
    Glad we could help. Enjoy your new phone, whatever you choose!

12-03-19 11:58 AM